The iPhone is a great mobile device. If you are someone that wants minimum compromises, great software support, and also a wholly connected and immersive ecosystem, then the Apple iPhone is what you need. Over the year these devices have been improving in many ways. Whether its performance, features, or for that matter even the camera and battery department. Now, no matter what iPhone model you have, one thing can be sure everyone is always worried about their battery percentage. This is especially true if and when you are traveling somewhere or going to an event. Being able to see the battery percentage on your device is super important. So, today, we will be taking a look at how to show battery percentage on iPhone 12 and newer.
iPhones with a home button show battery percentage, but the iPhones with notch show the battery icon, it will only display the battery percentage when you open the control center. iPhones with a notch are packed with some amazing features, but we lost the battery percentage feature on it. The battery percentage feature is not available on iPhone X, iPhone XS series, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13 series. But there are a few workarounds you can use to check out the percentage.
With the previous iPhone models, you would be required to enable the battery percentage because it would usually be turned off. However, with the newer iPhones and also newer iOS versions, the battery percentage is turned on by default. But, if, for some reason you have it turned off or have simply not enabled it, then this is the guide you can follow to display the battery percentage on your iPhone 12 and newer.
How to Display iPhone Battery Percentage on iPhone 12 and Newer
Now, on the iPhone, there are two ways that you can use to display the battery percentage on your iPhone. One is by displaying the percentage on the status bar, and the other is by adding a widget to your iPhone’s home screen.
Enable Battery Percentage
On your iPhone 12 or newer (including the iPhone X and 11 series)
- Swipe down from the top right corner.
- This action will bring up the Control Center.
- You will now see the Battery Percentage displayed in the top right corner of the Control Center.
On iPhones With Home Button
- Launch the Settings app on the iPhone.
- With the Settings app open, scroll, and select the Batteries menu.
- Under Batteries, you will see the Battery Percentage option.
- Tap on the toggle to switch it on.
- The battery percentage will now be displayed on the Status Bar of your iPhone.
Add Battery Widget to your iPhone Home screen
- To add the battery widget to your iPhone, tap and hold the home screen.
- Keep holding till the apps on the home screen start to wiggle.
- You will now see a plus icon at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the plus icon to scroll and select the Batteries.
- Now, you will be able to browse through the various widget sizes of the Battery widget.
- Once you are satisfied with the widget that you want to place on your home screen, tap on the Add Widget option.
- And finally, tap on Done.
- The Widget will now be added to your iPhone’s home screen.
Ask Siri to tell you the Battery Percentage
All Apple devices have their own voice assistant called Siri. So why not make the best use out of the assistant by asking the voice assistant itself. All you need to say is “Hey Siri, What is the battery percentage?” Siri will then respond to you by telling you your iPhone’s battery percentage right away.
Install Third-party Widgets
Now, if you simply do not like the stock battery widget that comes preinstalled with iOS, then it is a good time to rummage around the Apple App Store for some good third-party widgets. One of the apps that we would recommend is to install Widgets. This app has a wonderful selection of custom battery widgets. You should definitely try them out.
Plug-in Your iPhone
One of the best ways if you do not wish to run through the above steps is by simply plugging your phone into a power source. You can do this by either using the MagSafe charger or by simply charging it using the Lightning cable. The battery percentage will be displayed right away on your iPhone’s home screen.
Apart from all the above-listed methods, you can install an app called Charging Animation Play: Show, on your iPhone which will show the charging percentage in the top right corner. You can also set up automation for this app which will show you a cool animation during charging.
And this is how you can display the Battery percentage on your iPhone 12 or any iPhone for that matter. This is a simple and easy process and thus saves you from wondering and playing guess the battery percentage games. We hope this guide has helped you and if it did feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments below.
More Related Articles: