Discord has always been catering towards gamers whether on PC, Mobile, or Xbox. It has a lot of features such as being able to have one-to-one conversations, group conversations, video calls, audio calls, texts, and even live streams. You can also add your friends, join tons of public servers as well make use of various bots on Discord. As Discord allows sharing audio, here is a guide on how to share audio on Discord during the screen share.
Now that Discord is gaining in more users from other fields such as schools and even some offices making use of Discord for their communication, it is important to know how Discord works and its various features that are useful. Apart from using Discord for work, many people use it to interact with friends, listen to music, watch game streams. While screen sharing is super easy and takes place by default, the audio needs to be manually set up. Read on to know how to share audio through Discord.
How to Share Audio on Discord
Let’s look at the steps on how to share audio in Discord via Screen Share.
- Open up Discord and then join the server that you wish to screen share in.
- Now that you have joined the server, you will have to join a voice channel.
- Once you join a voice channel, you will see options above your user name.
- With these options you can disconnect the voice chat, have a video call, or select screen share.
- Choose the Screen Share button. You will now be asked between screen sharing a particular application or the whole screen.
- If you wish to screen share a particular application, select the Applications tab and then click on any open application.
- When you select a particular application, your audience will be able to only view and hear audio from just that particular application.
- But, if you select the Screen tab and then select Screen, you should be able to screen share the whole system. This means that your viewers will be able to see and hear anything and everything on your PC. Including audio.
Now that you are screen sharing your screens or applications, you will have to make sure of a few things.
- Adjust the Video Quality. This will depend on the speed of your internet connection. If your viewers have a slow connection, they will be looking at the output in a lower resolution.
- The next important thing is to select the voice channel. If you have multiple voice channels select the one where all your viewers have joined.
- Now, depending on the hardware that you have, you will have to adjust the video resolution and the frame rate.
- Increase your system and the application output volumes to full. Having it set low will either result in really low output or no audio during the screen sharing process.
- Once you have set up all of these, you can now stream away to your viewers in a Discord server.
Fix Audio Not Capturing in Discord Screen Share
Now, you might be having a good time screen sharing your project or maybe even your gameplay. However, there will be a time when one of your viewers tells you that they can’t hear any audio output from your screen share. This is where you will have to figure out what is wrong and how to fix the no audio issue while screen sharing on Discord.
Switch to Google Chrome
Check from what source you are screen sharing. If you have a Windows or macOS system and screen sharing from Google Chrome, you are good to go. However, if you are using Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or any other web browser, you will not be able to capture audio. The best you can do is just use Google Chrome as the browser to screen share audio.
Restart your computer
Sometimes, there could be a few glitches that might be causing the audio output to not be heard in the server. If you have other programs running in the background, it could cause a few issues and interference with the audio. A quick restart helps fix all these issues and you should now be good to go.
Use the latest version of the Discord app
Having an updated version of the Discord app is also beneficial. It could be that the older versions might be having a few issues and bugs related to the audio which are then fixed later. So, having the latest versions of the apps and software is always better.
If the above methods did not work in your case, then you can check out our detailed guide to fix no audio during discord screen share.
It is a simple and easy way to share audio while screen sharing on Discord. However, if you find issues with your audio playback to your viewers. You can also check this guide on how to fix the audio issues that you might be facing while using Discord’s Screen Share. We hope this guide helped you on how to share audio output using the Discord Screen Share option. If you have other methods to do so, let us know in the comments below.