Signal recently recorded a massive surge in their traffic. It means many WhatsApp users already switched to Signal. And if you are also planning to try Signal or already using Signal then using this guide you can enhance your experience with the Signal app.
Signal has almost all the features that you get on WhatsApp and this includes the Signal for PC. If you use WhatsApp on your computer and want to switch to the Signal app. Then one of your biggest concerns will be if you can use Signal on your computer. Fortunately, you can, Signal offers a separate application for Windows and Mac so that you can use it on cross platforms.
Download Single App for PC
As you know you can use WhatsApp on your Windows & Mac using WhatsApp Web. And if you are migrating to Signal then you also need to get Signal for PC. Luckily Signal has apps for both Windows and Mac and so you can use Signal on your computer.
As it is a separate app, not a web app like WhatsApp web and so you will get more features on the Signal App. But you need to link your Signal app on your computer to your Signal app on your phone. And if you don’t know how to link your phone to Signal desktop then I will walk you through the steps in this guide.
First, you need to download Signal for your computer before we head to the guide to link your phone to Signal desktop. You can use given links to download Signal for Windows and Mac.
How to Link Signal to Desktop
The linking process is quite easy but a bit complex compared to WhatsApp. But you need to set it up only for the first time unless you remove the app. So, let’s jump into the steps.
- Copy the downloaded Signal app on your Windows or Mac.
- Install the Signal app on your PC with the standard process.
- It will take some time to install on PC so wait for it.
- After installing the Signal app on Windows or Mac, it will show a QR Code.
- Now open the Signal app on your Android and iPhone.
- Then go to Settings > Linked Devices.
- On Android tap on the ‘+’ button and on iPhone tap on ‘Link New Device‘.
- Now scan the QR Code on your Computer.
- It will detect the device and then tap on ‘Link Device‘.
- And once it is approved you can set up Signal on your computer. It will sync contacts and groups on the app.
- You will not be able to see past messages. You can only see messages sent or received after linking the Signal app on PC.
The only drawback of Signal for PC is that it doesn’t sync messages. It may be due to a privacy feature as it doesn’t record messages. Although you can take backup on your Android phone or iPhone but not on your computer.
Signal also lets users import Signal accounts from phone to computer only if the user wants. And it also has an option to customize according to the user’s preference. Additionally, users can also create and upload stickers on the Signal Desktop app.
So that’s how you can link your phone to Signal desktop. If you are new to the Signal app then stay tuned for more useful guides. And if you have a request for any guide then do let us know.