Screen capturing is a great way to take images of content that you see on the web, in-game, or maybe even a silly bug that is present on the system. With screen recording, you will be able to capture more detail which gives more information to the viewer. You could even use screen recording to record a presentation, video gameplay, tutorials, and basically just about anything. You can then share the captured video with your friends or maybe upload it to YouTube and your other social media. Let’s take a look at how to screen record on Windows 11.
There are many tools out there that you can use to record screen on Windows 11. However, there is only a handful of those that are actually useful and are worth the time to screen record whatever you want to. If you are someone who has always wanted to screen record you can read along to know about a few free tools that you can use to record your screen on Windows 11.
How to Screen Record on Windows 11 with Xbox Game Bar
The Xbox app is a great and useful app for Windows. Well of course you could always use it to text with your other Xbox friends, see stats and your progress from the games you have played using the Xbox Game Pass. With that being said, you can also make use of the Xbox Game Bar. Here is how you can use Xbox Game Bar for recording screen on Windows 11.
- First things first, you will need to have the Xbox App as well as the Xbox Game Bar app. They are both free to download from the Microsoft Store.
- Once you download it, sign in to the app using your Xbox account.
- To access the game bar, you can simply use the key combination by pressing the Windows Key and the G key. This will bring in the Xbox Game Bar. It will show you basic controls such as being able to turn your mic on or off, take screenshots, adjust audio input and output volumes, and even screen record.
- To start or stop screen recording an app in Windows 11, you can simply use the key combination of Windows Key + Alt + R.
- The recorder screens will be then saved in your Videos Library in a folder called captures.
However, you will need to know that the Xbox Game Bar will be able to record games and a few programs. It does have its limitations. Overall, if you just want to have your gameplay recordings, then this is the perfect app to use considering it’s free and works super easy.
How to Screen Record on Windows 11 with OBS
OBS is free-to-use open-source software that can be used to screen record and even broadcast your screen live over to YouTube, Twitch, or any other streaming platform. The software is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems which make it one of the best screen recording and broadcasting software ever. Also, it doesn’t throw in any kind of watermarks like how the other software does. Here is how you can use OBS to screen record almost anything on your Windows 11 PC.
- Download and install OBS onto your Windows 11 PC.
- Once the installation has been completed, launch the software.
- It will ask you for what purpose you wish to be using OBS. You can choose between optimizing for streaming or optimizing for recording. Choose what is best for you.
- To begin screen recording, you will have to select a source. So, click on the plus icon under Sources.
- From the list of options there, you will now have to select Display Capture.
- It will ask you to create a new name for the source. Enter it and click on the OK button.
- Now, you will be asked to choose the display source. Simply select the one that says Primary Monitor. If you have a multiple monitor setup then choose the display that you wish to screen record and click on the OK button.
- To start or stop recording, simply click on the Start Recording or Stop Recording button that you will see at the lower right of your screen.
And that is how you can screen record on Windows 11 PC. With an OBS screen recorder, you can record anything and everything on your Windows 11 PC without running into any limitations. Plus, you can even live stream you’re recording to streaming platforms like Twitch and YouTube. Also, you can use customizable banners and headers in OBS to personalize your stream.
These are the two best free methods that you can use to screen record anything you want on Windows 11. While the Xbox Game Bar has a few limitations, it is perfect for screen recording all those gameplays. With both software on your system, you can just go on to screen record whatever you like.
There are other alternatives, but they might leave you with a watermark and also have limited settings, and to unlock the rest you might have to purchase them, which is clearly not a worthy option. We hope you now know how to screen record on Windows 11.
You May Also Like – Best Windows 11 Themes for Desktop
If you’ve any queries, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: