Samsung has released one of the best and hyped mid range phones of the year called the Galaxy M51. The company has given a tag called ‘Meanest Monster’ to the phone because of powerful hardware at a reasonable price. The Galaxy M51 released about a month ago with One UI that has a lot of customization options. And you can get more advanced options on your phone with root access. Here you will know how to root Samsung Galaxy M51 and how to unlock bootloader of Galaxy M51.
Samsung Galaxy M51 is a power pack phone with performance similar to OnePlus Nord or even better in some performance. Users are welcoming the phone with great response and we received some requests for its root guide. As most of the Samsung phones allowed for unlocking bootloader, it is possible to root each of these devices. And luckily unlocking bootloader is possible on Galaxy M51, which means we can root Galaxy M51.
The device is really a beast and with some advanced tweaks, we can make it an unexpected performing device. We all know Samsung phones are not that reliable for gaming but with root access, we can make it good for gaming too. There are many advanced tweaks that work only after rooting such as Xposed Modules. Rooting also brings support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more. Here in this guide, we will explain how to root Galaxy M51 and how to unlock bootloader of Galaxy M51.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M51
Samsung Galaxy M51 is a new device released about a month ago. And so you may not find any Custom Recovery for Galaxy M51 which makes rooting easier. But we can follow a different method to root Samsung M51. In this guide, we will be using the Magisk patched image for rooting Galaxy M51. Samsung phones are not easier to root, but with the help of Magisk, it is possible with some tricks. But as you know that for rooting Galaxy M51, first we have to unlock the bootloader of Galaxy M51.
Samsung Galaxy M51 Unlock Bootloader
Samsung devices also come with locked bootloader by default that restricts users from modifying their partitions and root files. So to access or modify advanced settings on the phone we have to unlock the bootloader of the Galaxy M51. All brands have their own process of unlocking bootloader including Samsung. Unlocking bootloader process for Samsung devices is complex and requires full attention to each step that you are following. Let’s check how you can unlock bootloader of Galaxy M51.
- First, take a full backup of your Galaxy M51 as this process will remove all data from your device.
- Once you have the backup, open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone > Software Information.
- In the Software Information, you will find the Build Number. Tap about 7-8 times on it to enable developer options. It will show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Now enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in the Developer Options.
- After enabling the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging power off your device. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down and connect your phone to your PC.
- It will show a Warning screen on your phone, and now you can release both buttons. Now press the Volume Up button once, and Galaxy M51 will boot into Download mode.
- Long press the Volume Up button when the device is in Download Mode and now the unlock bootloader on Samsung M51 will start and wipe all data.
- Reboot your phone and make sure that OEM unlocking is greyed out in Developer options. If not, then wait for a few days and repeat the steps.
Once you unlock the bootloader of your Samsung M51, you are allowed to modify your device like rooting, installing custom ROMs, custom recoveries, and other tasks. Before you start the process make sure to go through the given requirement list.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy M51 (Best GCam 7.4)
- Take a full backup of your phone before rooting to ensure no data loss
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked of your phone
- Download the Galaxy M51 firmware (use SamFirm or Frija)
- Install 7-zip on your PC
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy M51
- Extract the downloaded Galaxy M51 Firmware on your computer and check for the AP file (file starting with AP). Also, extract the bootboot.img.lz4 from the AP tar file.
- Right-click on the boot file and Archive it in the tar format with 7 Zip.
- Copy the boot tar file to your phone storage.
- Install Magisk Manager (canary build recommended) on your Galaxy M51. Skip this step if the app is already installed on your device.
- Open the Magisk Manager app on your phone after installing it, and click on Install > Install.
- A pop up will appear, where you need to choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Browse and select the boot tar file and wait for the patching process. It can take a few seconds to patch the file.
- After patching the output file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your PC. And Make sure to untick the Auto-Reboot option in the Options tab in the Odin tool. Check the below screenshot for reference.
- On the right side of the tool, load patched file in AP. And load respective BL, CP, and Home CSC file (That are in the firmware).
- Then Boot your Galaxy M51 into Download Mode. You can follow steps 6 & 7 from the unlock bootloader section to boot into download mode.
- Once your Galaxy M51 boots into Download Mode, connect it to your computer. The Odin tool will detect your phone, and it will show blue color in the first stack above ID: COM.
- After completing all the previous steps, click on the Start button. It will start flashing the patched Magisk file to your phone.
- It will give a Pass message on completion.
- After this, load the Magisk_patched tar file and flash it on your tab.
- Now reboot your phone into the system and again install Magisk Manager. Open Magisk Manager and it will show installed status which means the Samsung Galaxy M51 is rooted.
That’s it, your Galaxy M51 now has root access which means you can use all the advanced features and apps that need root access. Samsung phones also show Ads in the system if you forgot to deselect the option during device setup, then you can use Ad blocking apps to remove ads from your device. If you are aware of Xposed modules then you will find tons of useful modules for your device. But in case, you don’t know about it, then you can learn from the Xposed Module official site.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy M51 along with a guide to unlock bootloader of Galaxy M51.