In the year 2019 Samsung released many A & M series smartphones where each phone comes with special features. Like M30s comes with bigger battery and A70s comes with triple rear cameras. Galaxy A70 phones are the second top phones in A & M series after the A80 phones. The Galaxy A70s is the latest smartphone and an upgraded variant to A70 which comes with top features. Users can speed up the Galaxy A70s performance by applying various tweaks. But it requires root access on the phone. Here you get to know How to Root Samsung A70s & How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy A70s.
Galaxy A70s is a good phone which is available for a mid range price. The device is capable of amazing performance and to maximize its performance you need to root Samsung A70s. Rooting gives full control to phone owners so they can customize their phone in the way they want. If your Galaxy A70s rooted then you can apply custom fonts, themes, boot animations, modules and much more.
Since the release of OneUI modifying Samsung phones is very tough and so you need to be careful while rooting your phone. Since rooting or any modification requires an unlocked bootloader, we have also included a guide to unlock bootloader on Samsung A70s.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A70s
There are various ways to root Samsung A70s by using Magisk but since TWRP recovery is not available we will be using the patched AP file to root the phone. And once the TWRP gets available I will try to update the post by adding another method. As you know, by default all the phones come with locked bootloader unless you are buying specifically unlocked one. So you have to first unlock the bootloader. So we will start with unlocking bootloader.
Samsung Galaxy A70s Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader allows users to modify their devices and write on the phone system. So if you are planning to root or install custom ROMs then first you must unlock the bootloader. Unlocking bootloader trip the KNOX on your Galaxy A70s.
- Take a full backup of your phone as an unlocking bootloader will wipe your phone data.
- Open Settings on your Samsung A70s.
- In Settings go to About Phone and tap on Build Number continuously until it displays ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now go back to the main Settings and then go to Developer Options.
- In Developer Options, enable OEM Unlocking.
- Now power off your device. Then press Volume Up + Volume Down together and connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- When the device shows the Warning screen release the buttons and press Volume Up to enter Download Mode.
- One the device is in Download Mode long press Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader. It will wipe all the data from your phone and unlock the bootloader on Samsung A70s.
- Restart your device and again enable Developer Option.
- In Developer Options make sure OEM Unlocking is greyed out. If it is, then you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Galaxy A70s and if not then you try again in a few days.
That’s all, once the bootloader is unlocked on Samsung A70s you can proceed to root your phone. But before that make sure to follow the requirements.
- Take a full backup to avoid data loss
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Update your Galaxy A70s to latest version and download the firmware (Same version)
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- The Bootloader must be unlocked of your Samsung A70s
You May Also Like | Download & Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A70
Root Samsung A70s with Magisk Patched AP File
- Transfer the Magisk Manager APK on your phone and install it.
- In PC extract the downloaded Firmware and copy AP.tar (AP_A707XXXU1ASIX_EXAMPLE_0000000_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar) to phone storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and click on first Install > Install.
- Now in Select Method choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Browse and locate the AP.tar file and wait for the patching process.
- After patching, the output file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your computer and follow further steps.
- Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode (follow the same steps which are given in unlock bootloader guide).
- Connect your phone to the computer while the phone is in Download Mode.
- Now open the Odin tool that you downloaded earlier.
- In Odin tool, switch to the Options tab and untick Auto-Reboot.
- Click on the AP button and select magisk_patched.tar file. Then click on the BL button and select the BL file (it will be in the extracted firmware folder). Similarly, select the CP and CSC file in Odin.
- After selecting all required files click on the Start button. Wait for the success message you can also track the progress on the top left.
- After flashing the files you need to carefully boot into the rooted system using the below button combination.
- Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button and release all the buttons when you see the warning screen.
- That’s all, now you have successfully booted Samsung A70s into the rooted system.
You need to use the same given button combination every time when you power off your device. Also, avoid using the restart option on your phone. For booting into Recovery and system without root follow the below button combinations.
- System without Root: Normal power up
- Recovery Mode: Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together and when you see Warning screen release the only Power button and keep pressing Volume Up button until you see Recovery.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Samsung A70s along with unlocking bootloader guide. You can now enjoy all the root features without any restrictions. If you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.