Samsung Galaxy A30s is a triple camera beast under a budget segment. Just like other Samsung phones the Galaxy A30s also features amazing Super AMOLED display with a dew drop notch in front. The device was released last year in September and comes with a good processor. And that is the reason for the good performance of the phone. You can also add additional features on your phone to increase the device performance but you need to root your device. Here you will know How to Root Samsung A30s and how to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A30s.
Some of the Samsung phones are very active in custom development which means these devices keep getting new custom ROMs and Recoveries. But Galaxy A30s is not one of those phones so to get features like custom ROMs then first you need to root your phone. It will give features like supports Substratum themes, Xposed Modules, third party themes and users can also change boot animation as they want.
Rooting provides almost full authority to users for system changes like editing build.prop files, applying patches and more. But since the release of OneUI rooting Samsung phones has become tougher because of enhanced dual layer security and different boot and recovery partitions. But as you know developers can do anything they came up with methods and trick to successfully root Galaxy A30s. But to root your phone you to unlock bootloader on A30s.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A30s
Samsung is one of the popular phone brand and Galaxy A series is a part of it. On some phones, Samsung uses it’s on Exynos chipset and on some phones it uses Snapdragon chipset. But the rooting method is the same for devices with different chipsets. There is more than one way to root Galaxy A30s like using a custom recovery or using Magisk patched file. And since the custom recovery is not available we are going to share Magisk patched image guide to root Samsung A30s. But first, you need to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A30s.
Samsung Galaxy A30s Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader is an initial step to complete before rooting any device. It is because all phones come with locked bootloader by default and it restricts users from modifying their devices. If the bootloader is locked, then you can not install custom recoveries, custom ROMs, Modules and you can not root Galaxy A30s. Unlock bootloader of Samsung A30s by following the below steps.
- Unlocking bootloader will wipe all the data so make sure to take a full backup of your phone.
- Open Settings on your phone and go to About Phone. Tap 7 times on Build Number and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- After that go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and also enable USB Debugging (Debugging is not necessary but recommended).
- Now power off your phone, then press Volume Up + Volume Down together and when holding both buttons connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- Release both buttons when the phone shows a Warning screen and press Volume Up once to enter Download Mode.
- Once the device is in Download Mode, long press Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader. Now it will wipe data off your phone and the Samsung A30s bootloader will be unlocked.
- Restart your device and again enable Developer Option with the same steps given above.
- Open Developer Options and make sure OEM Unlocking is greyed out. If it is greyed out, then you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Galaxy A30s and if not then you try again in a few days.
After unlocking the bootloader you can root your Galaxy A30s. Follow the below guide to root your phone. But also make sure to go through the mentioned requirements.
- Take a full backup of data before rooting
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Download the firmware (the same version on which your phone is running)
- The Bootloader must be unlocked of your Samsung A30s
Must Check | Download Google Camera 6.2 for Samsung Galaxy A30 & A30s
Root Samsung A30s with Magisk Patched File
- Transfer the Magisk Manager APK to your phone and install the app.
- Extract the downloaded Firmware on your PC and from the extracted folder copy the AP.tar (AP_A707XXXU1ASIX_EXAMPLE_0000000_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar) to phone storage.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and click on first Install > Install.
- In the next option choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Then locate the AP.tar file and wait for the patching process.
- The output patched file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar. Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your computer.
- Turn off your phone and boot into Download Mode by following the same steps given in the unlock bootloader guide.
- Connect your Galaxy A30s to your computer when it is in Download Mode.
- On your PC, open the Odin tool (Odin.exe) that you downloaded in the beginning.
- Switch to the Options tab and untick Auto-Reboot which you can see in the screenshot below.
- Click on the AP button and select magisk_patched.tar file. Then click on the BL button and select the BL file (it will be in the extracted firmware folder). Similarly, select the CP and CSC file in Odin.
- After adding AP, BL, CP & CSC files in the respective sections then click on the Start button. Wait for the success message which will show ‘Pass’.
- Now you need to carefully boot into the rooted system using the below button combination.
- Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button and release all the buttons when you see the warning screen.
- That’s all, now you have successfully rooted your Samsung A30s.
There are a few more points to remember after rooting the device like booting the device carefully into recovery and rooted system. We have added the shortcut combos to boot into a particular UI.
- System without Root: Normal power-up
- Recovery Mode: Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together and when you see Warning screen release the only Power button and keep pressing Volume Up button until you see Recovery.
There you have it the complete guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy A30s along with guide to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A30s. If you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below.
2 thoughts on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy A30s and Unlock Bootloader (Guide)”
how do i remove my samsung account on my cellphone a30s
Hi, You can sign out from the Samsung account in Settings.