Samsung’s popular A series has many smartphones that are popular including the Galaxy A10s. The phone is limited to some countries but it is a real deal. It packs a 4000mAh massive battery and a dual rear camera setup. Talking about performance then it is undoubtedly great. But if you want to customize your phone at the system level then you need to root your phone. Here you will know How to Root Samsung A10s and how to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A10s.
Samsung introduced A & M series to target other brand devices at low and mid-budget. And clearly the series is popular globally because of its design and performance. And rooting the Galaxy A10s will clearly make it amazing than before. Rooting has many advantages like adding advanced settings, custom boot animation, third party themes. Along with advantages, there are some disadvantages like unlocking bootloader which can void the warranty and it will also erase all data of your phone.
We can root Samsung device normally using the Magisk but you to be careful while switching between the Systems. Like booting to root system, normal system or recovery. As you know you need to unlock bootloader of Galaxy A10s before rooting.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy A10s
Samsung phones already have options to customize the look of UI by using Samsung Themes. But when it comes to advanced features like adding Xposed modules, remove system apps and more. You can root your Samsung device but first, you need to unlock the bootloader of your phone.
Samsung Galaxy A10s Unlock Bootloader
Unlocking bootloader gives the option to customize the phone at the system level. By default, all the phones come with locked bootloader. It means you can not root or modify the new phones. So if you are planning to root your device then follow the below guide to unlock bootloader.
- Make sure to take a full backup of your phone.
- After backing up data open Settings on your phone.
- Head over to About phone and click about 7-8 times on Build Number and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now open the Developer Options, you can go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Development options to open it.
- In developer options, scroll down and enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging.
- Then power off your device and long press Volume Up + Volume down together and when holding both buttons connect your phone to PC via USB.
- The warning screen will come on the phone, then release both buttons and press the Volume Up button once.
- Now the Galaxy A10s will boot into Download Mode. Long press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader of your phone. It will begin reset your phone and the bootloader will be unlocked.
- Restart your device and again enable Developer Option with the same steps given above.
- Open Developer Options and make sure OEM Unlocking is greyed out. If it is greyed out, then you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Galaxy A10s and if not then you try again in a few days.
Once the Galaxy A10s bootloader is unlocked you can proceed with rooting your device. Other than rooting you can also install TWRP Recovery, flash custom ROMs or sideload custom ROMs. We will also share a guide to install TWRP Recovery once it is available. Before you root your device make sure to go through the list of requirements.
- Take a full backup of data before rooting
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Download the firmware (the same version on which your phone is running)
- The Bootloader must be unlocked of your Samsung A10s
Must Read | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Phones [Latest APK]
Root Samsung A10s with Magisk Patched File
- Download and install the Magisk Manager canary build on your phone.
- Extract the downloaded Firmware on your PC and from the extracted folder copy the AP.tar (AP_A707XXXU1ASIX_EXAMPLE_0000000_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar) to phone storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager app on your phone and click on the Install > Install. There will be two Install option so select the first one.
- Now on the next screen choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Locate the AP file that you copied earlier and wait for the complete patching process.
- After patching the file will be saved in the Download folder with name magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the magisk_patched.tar to your PC. Turn off your phone.
- Now boot your device to Download mode with the same guide from unlock bootloader section.
- When the phone boots into Download Mode connect your phone to PC via USB.
- Open the Odin.exe (Odin Flash Tool) on your computer.
- Switch to the Options tab and untick Auto-Reboot which you can see in the screenshot below.
- Click on the AP button and select magisk_patched.tar file. Then click on the BL button and select the BL file (it will be in the extracted firmware folder). Similarly, select the CP and CSC files in Odin.
- After adding AP, BL, CP & CSC files in the respective sections then click on the Start button. After flashing the message ‘Pass’ will appear.
- After flashing the files, you need to carefully boot into the rooted system using the below button combination.
- Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button and release all the buttons when you see the warning screen.
- That’s all, now you have successfully rooted your Samsung A10s.
Now your phone is successfully rooted. There are more things that need to be noted if you are using the phone with root access. You need to carefully boot into different systems. Use the below button combo to boot into a particular system UI.
- System without Root: Normal power-up
- Recovery Mode: Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together and when you see Warning screen release the only Power button and keep pressing Volume Up button until you see Recovery.
There you have it the complete guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy A10s along with guide to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A10s. If you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below.
4 thoughts on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy A10s and Unlock Bootloader”
IS NOT WORKING WITH A107F MODELS
Try patching the AP files from Magisk Manager canary build.
I have tried all the steps above. Already tried using the Magisk Manager canary build but Odin flashed Fail. Any other method for rooting A107F models?
Try extracting the patched AP file, then make a tar file of Meta-data folder, boot.img, recovery.img, and vbmeta.img. Then flash the new tar file.