Xiaomi phones have been known as developer friendly phones since their early days. It is one of the reasons that Xiaomi is popular in most regions. Recently the company has released the Redmi Note 10T which comes with an attractive design and specs. If you are into custom development or just want to try advanced features then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to root Redmi Note 10T and how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10T.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T is a different series from Redmi Note 10 and comes with many improved features. The device has a 6.5-inch FHD+ display that comes with a 90Hz Refresh Rate. It is a 5G phone at an effective price. It is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 along with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU. The device comes in a combination of 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM and 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM.
Redmi Note 10T also comes with an impressive camera setup in the rear as well as the front. With all the high specs the phone will perform better than many competitions. But by default, some internal features might be restricted which stops you from getting maximum performance. So in that case you can take control by rooting or using custom ROMs. Yes, you can root your Redmi Note 10T. Here we will also share a guide to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10T.
How to Root Redmi Note 10T
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T comes with MIUI as the OS interface which offers a wide range of customization. You can set different themes, fonts, and more. But it also has its disadvantages like Ads, and cluttered performance. So to enjoy the device with the amazing performance you can root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T. Yes, rooting an Android phone is still possible with some tools. But first, you need to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10T, so let’s start with this guide.
Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 10T
Xiaomi phones also come with locked bootloader like other Android phones. It is one of the security features that Google introduced a while back. But it also restricts users from modifications like installing custom ROMs, Custom Recovery, rooting, etc. So for any of these tasks, you will have to first unlock the bootloader. So let’s see how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10T 5G.
- First take a full backup of your device as the Unlocking bootloader will delete all the data.
- Next Download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your computer from its official website. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Once done, open Settings on your Redmi Note 10T and log in to Mi Account. Then wait for at least 7 days. You can also try without waiting for 7 days.
- Now in Settings, go to Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- It’s time to enable developer options, go to Settings > About Phone. Tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now to access developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In the developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now connect your phone to the internet with the same number (not compulsory but recommended) that you used in the Mi account. Then again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- After that power off your device then long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Redmi Note 10T into Fastboot mode. When the Mi Bunny image shows up, release both buttons.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to an active Internet network connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Redmi Note 10T.
- The Mi unlock tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 10T, and this will erase all the data.
After unlocking the bootloader on Redmi Note 10T, you can manually check for it in developer options. The OEM unlocking option will be enabled by default after the restart. Now once you verify it, you are good to proceed with rooting and other tasks. Also, check out the requirement section.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download Redmi Note 10T firmware (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Redmi Note 10T with Magisk
- Extract the boot.img file from Redmi Note 10T firmware that you downloaded earlier. Make sure the firmware version is the same with the one installed on your phone.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- Head over to the Download folder to get the output file with name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Now reboot your Redmi Note 10T to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) open CMD/command window. To do this, first open the folder and type the CMD in the address bar of file explorer and hit enter.
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Redmi Note 10T.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After rooting your Redmi Note 10T, you can confirm it using any root checker app. Be sure to grant the root permission. And once the device has root access, you can use any app or features that ask for root access. For customization, you now have the authority to use various Xposed Modules. For that, you might also want to install Xposed Framework.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Redmi Note 10T and how to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 10T. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.
More Guides on Motorola: