Xiaomi has recently unveiled the Redmi K30 Pro which is a successor of Redmi K30 Pro. It is a 2019 flagship device and comes with amazing specs. Redmi K30 Pro comes with the same front design which includes full-screen display & pop-up selfie camera. As the naming of devices is really messed up by Xiaomi, they release the same device with different names in different regions. The Redmi K30 Pro is released in China with this name and can not say about other regions. Here you will know How to Root Redmi K30 Pro and how to unlock bootloader on Redmi K30 Pro.
Now talking about the device specifications, the Redmi K30 Pro runs on Android 10 based MIUI 11 OS. The device features a big 6.67-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution along with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is a flagship device and powered with the Snapdragon 865 processor which is the latest processor as of now. It is coupled with 6GB & 8GB RAM options and 128GB & 256GB Storage options. The 6GB variant comes with UFS3.0 storage, whereas the 8GB RAM variant UFS3.1 storage.
As we know MIUI provides various customization options where we can apply themes in the status bar, notification panel and more. But rooting the phone will let us apply many advance features. Rooting provides features like applying third party themes, custom boot animation, custom fonts and many more. And if you like to apply various modules then you should know that we can also install Xposed Modules. Xiaomi phones are easy to root but you have to know the method to unlock bootloader on Redmi K30 Pro. Below we have included all the required guides.
How to Root Redmi K30 Pro
Xiaomi phones are popular not only because of their specifications but also that the Xiaomi allows us to easily unlock the bootloader of our phones. And so rooting Redmi K30 is also an easy task, but for any modification, we need to take precautions. There are many methods available to root Redmi K30 Pro, such as using a custom recovery or using a patched file. But as of now, the custom recovery is not available so we will be sharing the root guide using Magisk patched file. But as you know, first you have to unlock bootloader on Redmi K30 Pro which will allow us to root the phone.
Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro Unlock Bootloader
There are many brands that don’t even let us unlock bootloader, and Xiaomi is among a few which let us easily unlock the bootloader. Not only this but also Xiaomi has its own official tool to unlock bootloader of any Xiaomi phones. As we know all the phones come with locked bootloader by default which restricts users from modifying devices. So to remove restriction we have to root our phones. Let’s start with unlocking bootloader on Redmi K30 Pro.
- First, take a full backup of your phone as Unlocking bootloader on Redmi K30 Pro will delete all the data of your phone.
- Download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now open Settings on your phone and login to Mi Account then wait for at least 7 days. And if already logged in for more then 7 days, then skip this step.
- Head over to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Look for the About Phone and tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now we have to access developer options so go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In developer options, you will find many options, but you have to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now make sure that your device is connected to an active internet connection. Connect to the internet with the same number that you used in the Mi account. Then again go to Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Turn off your phone. When the device is off, Long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Redmi K30 Pro into Fastboot mode. Release both buttons when the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to an active Internet network connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Redmi K30 Pro.
- When it detects your phone click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Redmi K30 Pro and this will erase all the data.
Note: If the tool stop at 99%, then wait for a few days and try again with the same method.
After following the above guide, when the bootloader is unlocked on Redmi K30 Pro you can easily root your phone. As you already know that there is no restriction on rooting Xiaomi phones, unlike Samsung devices. So it’s an advantage for Xiaomi users, and if you want to root Redmi K30 Pro, go through the steps given below.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download firmware for your phone (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Root Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro with Magisk
- First, extract the Redmi K30 Pro firmware on your computer and in the extracted folder you will find the boot.img.
- Copy the boot.img and Magisk Manager APK to your Redmi K30 Pro.
- Now install the Magisk Manager app on your phone and follow the below steps.
- Then open the Magisk Manager app and in the app click on the Install > Install.
- When you click on Install, it will pop up a screen, so choose “Select and Patch a File”. Then locate and select the boot.img.
- It will start patching the boot image file so wait for the patching to finish.
- After patching the output file will be saved in the download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Now copy the magisk_patched.img to your computer C:\adb and rename it to boot.img.
- Then turn off your phone. And boot Redmi K30 Pro into Fastboot mode (press & hold Volume Down + Power button together).
- Connect your phone to the computer when the phone is in Fastboot Mode.
- Go to C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD and press enter. It will open the command window on your computer.
- In the CMD or command window enter the below command and it should return some ID which means the device is connected.
- Now enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root Redmi K30 Pro.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing, reboot your phone into the system and enjoy the root access on your device.
That’s all you have to follow for rooting Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro. And once you have root privilege, you can enjoy amazing features like block ads, remove system apps and more. As you know Xiaomi shows ads on its phones and so rooting will give you the option to remove these ads.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Redmi K30 Pro along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro. If you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section.