Xiaomi is unstoppable when it comes to releasing Android phones. The company has recently released the latest device in the Redmi series called Redmi 10X. The phone comes with both 4G and 5G support. With its launch, it has become the first cheapest 5G smartphone. It comes with impressive features and performance. One of the main reasons that Xiaomi phones are popular is custom development like Custom ROMs, Custom Recoveries, Root access, and more. It is easier to modify Xiaomi and Redmi phones. Here you will know How to Root Redmi 10X and how to unlock bootloader on Redmi 10X (5G & 4G).
And so if you like to root your phone, this is the guide where you will get all your answers. After reading this guide, you will get to learn methods to unlock bootloader and how to root Xiaomi phones. Yes, this method will work for any Xiaomi phones you have. Now let’s check out some of the Redmi 10X spotlight features. Redmi 10X dons a 6.53-inch LCD FHD+ display. The device comes with MediaTek Dimensity 820 chipset, which supports 5G (There is also a 4G variant with a different processor). Redmi 10X is available in 6GB/8GB RAM options along with 64GB/128GB/256GB storage options.
Talking about the Redmi 10X camera, the device comes with triple rear camera setup. The setup includes a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultrawide sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor. There are many advantages of rooting an Android phone like Redmi 10X, and the main reason is it gives full control to users over their phones. Rooting brings features like support for Custom fonts, third party themes, custom boot animation, and more. If you like customization, then Rooting also lets us install Xposed Modules on our Android phones. Below you can find the guide to root Redmi 10X along with Redmi 10X unlock bootloader guide.
How to Root Redmi 10X [5G/4G]
Redmi is a Xiaomi’s sub-brand, and it allows its users to unlock bootloader easily, and this is one of the main reasons for Xiaomi’s popularity. Rooting Redmi 10X will give you tons of advanced features that you can’t find on non-rooted Android phones. But there are also a few disadvantages like you may lose support for banking apps (you can enable it with this trick). Other than this, there is no major downgrade or disadvantage you get to see after rooting your phone. But rooting is only possible if bootloader unlocked of your phone. So first, we will guide you to unlock bootloader on Redmi 10X, and then we will move to Rooting steps.
Xiaomi Redmi 10X Unlock Bootloader
Android phones come with locked bootloader by default, which restricts users from modifying their own devices. It means we can not root our phones before unlocking the bootloader. It also restricts users from flashing custom ROMs and custom Recoveries. But thanks to Xiaomi that it allows us to unlock the bootloader. And it is very easy to unlock bootloader on Redmi 10X 5G & 4G, so let’s get into the steps.
- First, take a full backup of your phone as unlocking bootloader on Redmi 10X will delete all data from the phone.
- Download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your computer from their official website. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Open Settings on your Redmi 10X and login to Mi Account then wait for at least 7 days. You can also try without waiting for 7 days.
- In Settings, go to Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Again open Settings and go to About Phone. Then tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version, and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- To open developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Now in developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Connect your Redmi 10X to the internet with the same number that you used in the Mi account. Then again, go to Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Now turn off your phone then long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Redmi 10X into Fastboot mode. Release both buttons when the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone.
- Make sure that your PC is connected to an active Internet network connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Redmi 10X.
- The tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Redmi 10X, and this will erase all the data.
Once Redmi 10X bootloader is unlocked, you can proceed with the rooting guide. Here in this method, we will be using the patched boot image file to root Redmi 10X as it is the easiest method and works without a custom recovery.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download Redmi 10X firmware (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Redmi 10X with Magisk
- Extract the Redmi 10X firmware on your computer and check the boot.img in the extracted folder.
- Copy the boot.img and Magisk Manager APK to your Redmi 10X.
- Now install the Magisk Manager and open the app on your phone.
- In the Magisk Manager click on the Install > Install.
- It will show two options, so choose “Select and Patch a File.” And then select the boot.img.
- It will start patching the boot image file, so wait for the patching to finish.
- After patching, the output file will be saved in the download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the output magisk_patched.img file to your computer (C:\adb location) and rename the file to boot.img.
- Now turn off your phone. And boot Redmi 10X into Fastboot mode (press & hold Volume Down + Power button together).
- When your Redmi 10X is in Fastboot mode, connect your phone to the computer.
- Go to C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD and press enter. It will open the command window on your computer.
- Now to check if the device is connected, enter the below command in CMD. It should return some ID, which means the device is connected. If it didn’t show, then enter the same command again.
- Then enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root Redmi 10X.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing, reboot your phone into the system and enjoy the root access on your device.
That’s all, your Redmi 10X 5G or 4G have full root access. And you can enjoy all the advanced features after rooting. Some of the features include system wide Ad-blocker support, which is a big advantage for MIUI as it comes with a lot of adds. We can also remove pre-installed apps to maximize performance.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Redmi 10X along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 10X. If you have any questions on your mind, then let us know in the comment section.