The main concern before installing TWRP Recovery and rooting any Android phone is the bootloader of the phone should be unlocked. And now that the Realme X2 Pro bootloader is unlockable, you can root your phone and try different custom Recoveries. Here you will know How to Root Realme X2 Pro and how to install TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 Pro.
Realme is not easy to unlock, and to unlock the phone, it requires APK. But we have already made an unlock bootloader guide for your convenience. And once you have unlocked bootloader you can proceed to root your device. Rooting will give you the platform to easily customize and handle the phone as you want. Such as changing fonts, boot animation, installing apps that require root access, and more.
Realme X2 Pro is a first flagship phone by Realme and rooting it will give you the option to tweak the performance as you like. You can root Realme X2 Pro with two different methods, one by flashing Magisk through a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery. And another method to root Realme X2 Pro by flashing patched boot image. We will share both methods in this guide.
How to Root Realme X2 Pro
First, we will guide you to root Realme X2 Pro with TWRP Recovery and then with Magisk patched boot image. For the first method, you need to download and boot/install TWRP on Realme X2 Pro. Booting in TWRP also does the work if you don’t want to install twrp, temporary boot the phone into twrp.
Download TWRP Recovery for Realme X2 Pro
An unofficial TWRP Recovery for Realme X2 Pro is now available. All thanks to mauronofrio for the TWRP Recovery. He is a recognized member in XDA and he is known for porting TWRP Recovery for popular Android devices. It is a TWRP 3.3.1 version and comes with all the necessary features. In case if you choose to root your Realme X2 Pro then download the Realme X2 Pro TWRP Recovery from the below link.
- TWRP Recovery for Realme X2 Pro – (TWRP 3.3.1)
Track the new version of TWRP for Realme X2 Pro here.
After downloading the latest available TWRP for Realme X2 Pro, follow the below guide to install it on your phone.
- TWRP Image file for Realme X2 Pro
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC
- Take a full backup before you install TWRP
- Realme X2 Pro bootloader must be unlocked (Guide)
- Download Magisk Zip
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 Pro
- Transfer the downloaded TWRP file on your computer (C:\adb).
- Now rename the TWRP file to twrp.img (for convenience).
- Copy the Magisk Zip to the phone storage (Only if you want to root your phone).
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together and release buttons when you see Fastboot Mode.
- Now connect your phone to PC while in Fastboot Mode.
- In C:\adb folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- Now enter the below command to check if the device is connected or not. If it shows some number id then connected
- Then enter the below command to install TWRP Recovery on Realme X2 Pro (see below step if you don’t want to install twrp)
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- In case if you don’t want to install the TWRP then enter the below command to boot into TWRP temporarily. Skip this step if you want to install TWRP
fastboot boot recovery twrp.img
- If you booted Realme X2 Pro into TWRP as temporary, then stay in the recovery mode and follow the below root method.
Guide to Root Realme X2 Pro (TWRP)
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery, skip this step if the phone is already in the TWRP Recovery. To boot into TWRP Recovery first power off the device and then press Volume Down + Power button together until it shows TWRP icon.
- Now in TWRP Recovery, click on the Install button.
- Browse and select the Magisk zip file that you copied earlier before installing TWRP Recovery.
- Swipe the slider to flash the Magisk and root Realme X2 Pro.
- After flashing the Magisk reboot your phone into system.
- Install the Magisk Manager and manager root access.
- Now your Realme X2 Pro is successfully rooted.
For the below method, follow these requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone’s data
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC
- Download Firmware for your device (Same version that is installed on the phone)
- Download Magisk & Magisk Manager
- Patch Boot Image (Guide to patch boot image)
Guide to Root Realme X2 Pro with Magisk (Without TWRP)
- Copy the patch file (magisk_patched.img) to the computer (C:\adb).
- Rename the copied file to boot.img.
- Now turn off your phone. And press the Volume Up + Power button to boot into Fastboot Mode. Release the buttons when you see the Fastboot screen.
- Connect your Realme X2 Pro to the computer with a USB cable.
- In C:\adb folder, Press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- In the Command/PowerShell window enter the below command to flash patch boot image and root Realme X2 Pro
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the boot image you can reboot your phone, or you can enter the below command
- Now install the Magisk Manager and perform the in-app instructions.
- Now your Realme X2 Pro is rooted, Enjoy.
That’s all now you can enjoy all the features of root and TWRP Recovery like flashing Custom ROMs, Modules, and more.
There you have it the complete guide on how to root Realme X2 Pro and how to install TWRP on Realme X2 Pro. Enjoy your rooted phone. If you have any queries, let us know in the comment section.