Realme phones are not very popular when it comes to custom development. It is due to the lack of support from the company. Realme doesn’t allow users to unlock bootloader of Realme phones. Well, they have released unlock apk but it is only for limited phones. Luckily there are some workarounds for it. And it means you can also root your phone. Here you will know how to root Realme Narzo 30 5G and how to unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 30 5G.
Realme Narzo 30 5G has been available for quite a while now. The device comes with some great specs and good performance. Narzo 30 5g comes with a 6.5-inch FHD+ display. The display supports up to 90Hz refresh rate. It comes with MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G Processor.
Another main feature of the device is a 5000mAh massive battery with 18W quick charge support. On the storage side, it has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. From a camera perspective, the device includes a 48MP main sensor + 2MP macro + 2MP depth sensor. At the front, it has a 16MP camera.
With all these features you can expect a smooth performance. But for many Reame UI is a letdown or the updates for the device. Well, you can customize your device and get advanced performance by rooting or installing custom ROMs. So if you are looking forward to rooting Narzo 30 5G, then this is your guide. Here you will also get to know how to unlock bootloader of Narzo 30 5G.
How to Root Realme Narzo 30 5G
A user can have his or her own reason for rooting the phone. Rooting an Android phone is still beneficial in many cases. It brings support for many advanced features that come into use in modification or in the development process. Realme phones are not popular on receiving custom ROMs, but you can root Realme phones for getting features like custom ROMs. As you know rooting requires unlocked bootloader, first let’s check how to unlock bootloader of Narzo 30 5G.
Realme Narzo 30 5G Unlock Bootloader
Like other Android phones, Realme phones also come with locked bootloader. And sadly Realme doesn’t officially allow unlocking bootloader on many phones. For unlocking bootloader of Realme phones, users need to have an unlock apk. Luckily there is an unlock apk that also works with Narzo 30 5G phone. So we will use that unlock app to unlock bootloader of Narzo 30 5G.
- Unlocking the bootloader will wipe all the data, so take a full backup of your phone.
- Go to Settings > About Phone on your phone. And tap Build Number 7-8 times to enable developer options.
- Now open Developer Options in Settings and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Install the Realme Narzo 30 Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone. And then update the unlock app with this apk.
- You will need to install ADB & Fastboot drivers or use the platform tools folder on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes. It can even take a day for verification.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme Narzo 30 5G will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command one by one. Open cmd from platform tools if you have not installed adb & fastboot drivers.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
After unlocking the bootloader, set up your device. And once you confirm the bootloader status, you can proceed with rooting steps. Let’s start with the requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme Narzo 30 5G Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Steps to Root Narzo 30 5G with Magisk
- Extract the Realme Narzo firmware. And copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Then open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File‘ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- After patching the file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb or platform tools. And rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Realme Narzo 30 5G to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- Go to C:\adb folder or platform-tools folder (where the boot file is located). And in the file address bar type CMD and press enter.
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme Narzo 30 5G.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk app if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After rooting your Narzo 30 5G, you can verify using any root checker app or Magisk itself. Once you have root access to your phone, you can enjoy all the apps and features that ask for root privilege. You can also use the best Xposed Modules. And we also have a guide to install Xposed Framework that you can check.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 8.1 for Realme C25 & C25s
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme Narzo 30 5G and how to unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 30 5G. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.