Realme Narzo series impact can be seen with the regular release of new phones in the series. And Realme Narzo 20 series is one of the best budget phone series of the last year. The series includes Realme Narzo 20, Realme Narzo 20 Pro, and Realme Narzo 20A. Realme finally released the unlock apk almost a year after its release. And it means you can finally root, or install custom ROMs, GSI, etc. Here you will know how to root Realme Narzo 20 Pro and how to unlock the bootloader of Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
This guide will work for both Realme Narzo 20 and also Narzo 20 Pro. So, if you have any of these phones, you can use this guide. The Narzo 20 series was launched last year in 2020 with Android 10 OS. And as you know Realme doesn’t allow its users to unlock bootloader without the unlock/deep testing app. If you are aware of the Realme process, users have to wait a lot until they get a chance to unlock the bootloader and root their phones. Now the wait is finally over for Realme Narzo 20 Pro users.
The Realme Narzo 20 Pro features a big 6.5-inch 90Hz FHD+ display. It comes with MediaTek Helio G95 processor and Mali-G76 MC4. The phone comes with 6GB and 8GB RAM options. In the camera department, it packs a quad rear camera and a single selfie camera. It has a lot more features for a budget phone. And now that you can root Narzo 20 and Narzo 20 Pro, you can even get more out of your phone. And also, in this guide we are going to share how to unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
How to Root Realme Narzo 20 Pro
Realme phones are not easy to root. But once you root your Realme phone you will have a lot of new features to use. Rooting these days is still possible, thanks to developers. And it brings a lot of advanced features which are not available by default. Some of the basic features of rooting are support for custom fonts, custom boot animations, third-party themes, and more. And if you are planning to root your phone, you need to first unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 20 Pro. So, let’s first start with the bootloader guide. You can skip if you have already unlocked the bootloader.
Realme Narzo 20 Pro Unlock Bootloader
Android phones come with locked bootloader by default. Yes, Realme phones also come with locked bootloader. But how does it make a difference? Well on a phone with locked bootloader, you cannot make any changes at the root level like rooting the phone. Also, you cannot install custom ROMs, custom Recoveries, and custom Kernels. Luckily the unlock apk is available for Realme Narzo 20 Pro. It means you can unlock the bootloader of Realme Narzo 20 Pro. Let’s now jump into the guide.
- To unlock the bootloader, take a full backup of your Realme Narzo 20 (Pro) as unlocking bootloader will wipe all data from your phone.
- Go to Settings > About Phone and you will find Build Number. Tap 7-8 times in it to enable Developer Options.
- Now open Developer Options in Settings and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Download the Realme Narzo 20 & Realme Narzo 20 Pro Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone.
- Install the Unlock app on your Realme Narzo 20. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme Narzo 20 (Pro) will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader of your Realme Narzo 20 or 20 Pro, you are all set for the root method. To check if the bootloader is unlocked go to Developer Options, and the OEM unlocking must be enabled. If not, then the bootloader is still locked. Now before moving to the rooting steps, make sure to go through prerequisites.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme Narzo 20/20 Pro Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme Narzo 20 Pro
Rooting an Android phone is not easy these days, because all the old tools no longer work for rooting. But thanks to the developer John Wu, the developer of Magisk Tool. Magisk is the only efficient tool that lets us root Android phones. And for this method, you will not even need a custom recovery to install Magisk. We are going to use a patched boot image to root Realme Narzo 20 Pro. So, let’s jump into the steps.
- First, extract the boot.img file from Realme Narzo 20/20 Pro firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Realme Narzo 20 Pro to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme Narzo 20.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After rooting your Realme Narzo 20 Pro, you can check the status using any root checker app. Now you can use all the apps and features that require root access. You can customize your phone with the best Xposed Modules. Here’s how to install Xposed Framework. You can also remove pre-installed apps and block ads on your phone.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 8.0 for Realme Narzo 20 & 20 Pro
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme Narzo 20 Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Realme Narzo 20 Pro. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.