Rooting or customizing a Realme phone is a nightmare. First of all, we all have to wait for the company to release the unlock apk (deep testing apk). Realme doesn’t even release unlock apk for most of the phones. But luckily the company has released the unlock apk for Realme GT 2 Pro. This means you can root Realme GT 2 Pro. Here you will know how to root Realme GT 2 Pro and how to unlock the bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro.
Realme GT 2 Pro is a new flagship phone released early this year. The phone comes with spectacular specifications that makes it a good phone. Realme GT 2 Pro features a big 6.7-inch LTPO2 AMOLED QHD+ display. And it supports 120Hz refresh rate. The phone comes with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor coupled with 8GB/12GB RAM and 128/256/512GB Storage.
The device has three rear cameras of 50MP (main camera) + 50MP (ultrawide camera) + 3MP (microlens) setup. At the front, there is a 32MP selfie camera. With these specs, we can expect any device to perform like a premium phone. But there is always room for upgrade even with some modifications. This can be achieved by rooting Realme GT 2 Pro. Here you will also know how to unlock bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro.
How to Root Realme GT 2 Pro
As mentioned earlier, rooting a Realme phone is not easy. And there can be extreme consequences if you don’t follow the proper guide. You can brick or lock your phone and as there are no tools to support Realme phones, you may end up visiting service centers. But if you just want to root for some basic needs then you can do that with a few simple methods. But for that first you need to unlock the bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro.
Unlock Bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro
Like other Android phones, Realme phones also come with locked bootloader. This means you can’t root your phone or install custom ROMs on your phone. Recently Realme released the unlock apk that allows unlocking the bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro. The unlocking process is quite different from other phones but it’s easy with unlock apk. Let’s now jump into the steps to unlock bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro.
- First take a full backup as unlocking the bootloader will reset your phone. Also install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer or you can also use sdk platform tools.
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone. Tap Build Number 7 or 8 times to enable developer options.
- Now go to Settings > Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Next up you need to download the Realme GT 2 Pro Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone.
- Install the Unlock app on your phone and open the app. Tap on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and tap Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Approval Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme GT 2 Pro will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command. Open command window from platform tools if you are not using adb & fastboot drivers.
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes using volume buttons to navigate and power button to select. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone’s data.
After unlocking the bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro, you can verify it from the bootloader page and developer options. Now you can root the phone or even install custom ROM and custom Recovery. Let’s now jump into the rooting guide.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme GT 2 Pro Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme GT 2 Pro
- First extract the Realme GT 2 Pro firmware and copy the boot.img to your phone. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR to extract firmware.
- Download and Install the Magisk apk on your phone.
- Now open the Magisk app and click on the first Install button.
- Next choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ as your option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will patch the boot image.
- The output file magisk_patched.img will save in the download folder.
- Now copy the output file to your computer in folder C:\adb or Platform tools folder. And rename the patched output file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Realme GT 2 Pro to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- Go to the C:\adb folder or platform-tools folder (where the boot file is located). And in the file address bar, type CMD and press enter.
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme GT 2 Pro.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image, reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk app if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After rooting your phone, you can check for root access using third party checker or even from the Magisk app. You can now use all apps and features that require root access. Also, you can customize your Realme GT 2 Pro with the best Xposed Modules. You can check the guide to install Xposed Framework.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 8.4 for Realme GT 2 & GT 2 Pro
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme GT 2 Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Realme GT 2 Pro. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.