Realme is now a recognizable brand because of its dominance in budget phones. Last year Realme released many impressive budget phones. Realme 7 and Realme 7 Pro are also among some great phones from Realme. Both phones come with impressive specifications which justify their popularity. And recently Realme released the unlock apk for both Realme 7 and Realme 7 Pro. It means now you can root your phone and also install GSI Here you will know how to root Realme 7 Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Realme 7 Pro.
This guide will work for both Realme 7 and Realme 7 Pro. Realme 7 series was released last year with Android 10 OS out of the box. Realme 7 Pro also starts receiving the Android 11 update whereas the Realme 7 is still in queue for the update. And if you are still using Android 10, then you are lucky as you can now root your phone. Yes, the awaited unlock or deep testing app is available for Realme 7 & 7 Pro.
Realme 7 Pro features a big 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display which is best for a budget phone. The phone comes with Snapdragon 720G Processor along with Adreno 618 GPU. The camera setup on Realme 7 Pro is also impressive which contains a set of 4 rear cameras. At the front, the phone has a 32MP selfie camera. All these specs are great for any budget phone. And if you have a Realme 7 phone, then this guide is for you. Here you will also know how to unlock bootloader of Realme 7 Pro along with the Root guide.
How to Root Realme 7 Pro
Android phones are getting better security updates every year. And so now rooting an Android phone is way more complex than it used to be. Now, most of the apps and methods that we use to root old Android phones no longer work for new phones. But luckily it is still possible. Rooting has many advantages depending on your usage. If you know about advanced features you can take full advantage of the root. If not, you can still use many features. But rooting Realme 7 Pro is not possible by default. So, let’s first check how to unlock bootloader of Realme 7 Pro.
Realme 7 Pro Unlock Bootloader
Realme phones also come with locked bootloader by default just like any other Android phone. The bootloader is a part of Security that is mandatory for Android phones unless it is from any specific vendor. A locked bootloader phone restricts users from modifying it like rooting or installing custom ROMs. So, if you want to root Realme 7 Pro, first you have to unlock bootloader of Realme 7 Pro. Luckily Realme has finally released the deep testing app for both Realme 7 & Realme 7 Pro which means you can now unlock the bootloader of your phone.
- Unlocking bootloader will delete all the data so the first thing to do is taking a full backup of your Realme 7 or 7 Pro.
- Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tap Build Number 7-8 times.
- Now open Developer Options in Settings and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Download the Realme 7 Unlock APK & Realme 7 Pro Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone.
- Install the Unlock app on your Realme 7 phone. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application. Now, wait for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme 7 (Pro) will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command one by one.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
After unlocking the bootloader, check it on your phone. To check go to Settings > Developer Options and make sure OEM Unlocking is enabled. Once the bootloader is unlocked you are good to root your phone. But before moving to the root method make sure to go through the list of required files and tools.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme 7 Pro Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme 7 Pro with Magisk
Rooting brings many features to Android phones. Some of its basic features are custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more. Thanks to the Magisk tool and its developer John Wu. Magisk is the only reliable app you can use for rooting an Android phone these days. So, let’s see how to root Realme 7 Pro with Magisk.
- Extract the Realme 7 Pro firmware. And copy the boot.img to your phone. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR for extracting zip file.
- Now install the Magisk app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Realme 7 Pro to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Realme 7.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After completing these steps, check for root access on your device. You can use any root checker app to check the root status. And once your phone has root access you can use all the apps and features that require root access. Also, you can modify your device using some of the best Xposed Modules. You can check the guide to install Xposed Framework. And in case if your phone comes with Ads, you can use Adblockers.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 8.0 for Realme 7 & 7 Pro
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme 7 Pro and how to unlock bootloader of Realme 7 Pro. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.