Realme 5s is a budget phone and a part of the Realme 5 series released in 2019. And if you have the Realme 5s and like different customizations then you will be happy to know that you can now Unlock the bootloader of your device. It means you can see some custom development in upcoming months. Here you will know how to root Realme 5s and how to unlock bootloader of Realme 5s.
Realme 5s comes with some good specifications considering its price. It has a 6.5-inch display with HD+ resolution. The phone comes with Snapdragon 665 processor for better performance. Some other main features include a quad rear camera setup and a 5000 mAh battery.
Realme allows its users to unlock bootloader but their support is unstable and also there is no flash tool for Realme 5s for now. But they are improving their support for custom development projects. And they are slowly pushing unlock apks for popular devices. It means you can root Realme 5s with the help of this guide. But for rooting first we need unlock bootload of Realme 5s. So we will be sharing both methods in this guide.
How to Root Realme 5s
Realme 5 series including the Realme 5s received the much-awaited unlock apk that allows users to unlock bootloader. And with this, it gives users the opportunity to root their phone. And if we talk about rooting advantages in the present, then you can count on many advanced customization options. Root access unleashes the real power of the device.
No wonder that the Realme 5s performs better than other phones. But it can do more than that if users have access to root folders. The company doesn’t allow users to access root folders where they can make any changes they want. So here rooting plays a crucial role. Rooting brings many options such as support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more. As you already know, first you need to unlock bootloader on Realme 5s before rooting, so let’s start with it.
Realme 5s Unlock Bootloader Guide
Similar to other Android phones, Realme phones also come with locked bootloader. It restricts users from modifying their phones such as rooting or installing custom ROMs. Each brand has a different process for unlocking bootloader. And Realme does have a strange method for its users which is one of the disadvantages for Realme users. Luckily Realme now came up with the unlock apk for Realme 5s to unlock bootloader. You can follow the below steps to unlock bootloader on Realme 5s.
- Before applying these steps first take a full backup of your Realme 5s phone as unlocking bootloader process will wipe all data from your phone.
- Then download the Realme 5s Unlock APK (Deep Testing app) on your phone.
- Install the Unlock app on your Realme 5s. Also, Install the ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Now open the Deep testing app on your phone and click on Start Applying.
- On the next screen, check the box and click on Submit Application.
- Go to About Phone in Settings and tap 7-8 times in Build Number to enable Developer Options.
- Go to Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Open the unlock App and tap on Query Verification Status at the top right corner.
- Then tap on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and the Realme 5s will boot into Bootloader mode.
- Once the phone boots into bootloader mode then connect your phone with the computer. Now open the Command window on your computer and enter the below command.
- fastboot flashing unlock
- It will prompt an option on your phone, so select unlock bootloader or yes. It will start unlocking the bootloader and wipe your phone data.
After unlocking the bootloader of Realme 5s you are halfway through rooting your phone. We will guide you to root Realme 5s in the next section. But before we head to the rooting guide make sure to go through the given requirements which are important to root the Realme 5s.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Realme 5s Firmware (the same version that installed on your phone)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager apk on your phone
Steps to Root Realme 5s with Magisk
There are a few methods to root Realme 5s using Magisk or the Magisk Manager. And in this guide, we are going to create a patch file with the help of Magisk. Then we will guide how to install the patch file to root Realme 5s. Let’s jump into the steps.
- Extract the boot.img from the Realme 5s Firmware and copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Install the Magisk Manager on your phone. Skip this step if the Magisk Manager is already present on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and then click on the first Install button and then again click on Install.
- Now tap on ‘Select and Patch a File’ on the pop-up screen.
- Then browse and select the boot.img.
- It will now start patching the boot file. After patching, the file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the patched file to your computer to the location (C:\adb) and rename it to boot.img.
- Power off your phone and reboot your Realme 5s to Bootloader Mode using button combination or ADB Command.
- When the phone boots into Bootloader mode, connect it to your computer.
- Go to C:\adb on your computer. Then replace the address with CMD, as shown in the below screenshots.
- In the command window enter the below command to flash the patched boot image to root Realme 5s
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now you can reboot your phone using the below command.
- fastboot reboot
- After reboot, you can enjoy all the root features.
In case if you want to check for root access, open the Magisk Manager and it will show both Magisk and Magisk Manager installed with the green tick. After rooting you can enjoy many advanced features. You can also try different Xposed Modules on your device. Also in case if you don’t have Xposed Module then you can try this guide.
Must Check | Download Google Camera 7.2 for Realme 5S
So there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Realme 5s along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Realme 5s. If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below.