Realme is now a popular brand that has delivered many amazing smartphones like Realme X50 Pro, Realme X2 Pro, Realme 6, Realme 5 Pro, Realme 5i, and more. Most of the users prefer Realme smartphones, especially in the budget range. Realme 5i is also a budget phone which is available for just Rs.10,000 (~$130). It is a fantastic phone for its price, and it has quad-rear camera setup for amazing photos and videos. You can also improve the phone performance with various tweaks by rooting the device. Here you will get to know How to Root Realme 5i and also how to unlock bootloader on Realme 5i.
Coming to its specification, it comes with a big 6.52-inch HD+ (720 x 1600) display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. Realme is also popular for interesting designs, and they also did a great job with Realme 5i. The device comes with an octa-core Snapdragon 665 processor, which comes with Adreno 610 GPU. Realme 5i is available in 3GB and 4GB RAM and 32GB & 64GB storage respectively. It has a quad rear camera setup, including a 12MP main sensor, 8MP ultrawide sensor, 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor. And at the front, it has an 8MP selfie shooter. It works amazing, but you can still increase the performance of your phone by rooting. And we will guide you to Root Realme 5i along with a guide on how to unlock bootloader on Realme 5i.
How to Root Realme 5i
Realme 5i released in December 2019, but the unlock apk was not available earlier, so rooting was not possible. But finally, Realme has provided the Realme 5i unlock app for Realme 5i phone. Realme has one disadvantage that it only allows unlocking bootloader, when the official unlock app is available. And due to this, custom developers are not showing much interest. But still, you can root your Realme 5i for advanced features.
Android has increased its security, and now rooting an Android phone has become complex. Earlier it was easy to root any Android phones with apps like Kingroot and other apps. But don’t worry, we can still root with Magisk, which is a powerful tool for rooting. Rooting brings advanced features like custom fonts support, custom boot animation, third party themes, and more. If you like customization, then rooting will give you the option to add Xposed Modules. But before rooting any Android phone like Realme 5i first, we have to unlock the bootloader, so let’s see how to unlock bootloader on Realme 5i, and then we will move to root guide.
Realme 5i Unlock Bootloader
As the Realme 5i unlock app is now available, we can easily unlock the bootloader. Unlocking the bootloader on Realme is easy, but only when the in-depth or unlock apk is available. Realme should give us the liberty to unlock bootloader when the user wants. Also, there is no official flash tool for Realme. But at least we can root our device for restricted features like custom recovery, custom ROMs, and much more.
- First, take a full backup of Realme 5i as it will delete all data from your phone.
- Download the Realme 5i Unlock Tool APK (Android 9) and install it on your phone. Also, install ADB & Fastboot driver on your computer.
- Make sure to update Realme 5i to the latest software version.
- Now open the Unlock Tool on your phone.
- Click on the Start Applying button on the In-depth test page.
- Read the Disclaimer and tick the checkbox. Then click on Submit Application.
- When it’s completed, it will show Application Submitted.
- After 1-2 hours, recheck the App, and it will now show ‘Review Successful’ with In depth test option.
- Now click on the ‘Start the in-depth test,’ and your phone will boot into a screen with the text “fast boot_unlock_verify ok.
- Then connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. And open CMD or command window on your computer.
- Enter the below command to boot your phone into Fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Once Realme 5i boot into Fastboot mode, enter the below command
fastboot flashing unlock
- Entering the above command will give two options on your phone. Press the Volume Up button to select ‘Unlock the Bootloader’ option.
- Now the bootloader will be unlocked, and all data will be removed. Then the phone will automatically boot into the system.
That’s it, this way, you can easily unlock bootloader on Realme 5i. You can also use the same process for unlocking other Realme devices, but you need the correct Unlock apk tool. Once it is done, you can root your phone using the method given below. Also, make sure to follow the requirements given below.
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download firmware for your phone (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Root Realme 5i with Magisk
- Extract the downloaded Realme 5i firmware on your computer and find the boot.img in the extracted folder.
- Once you have the boot.img file, copy it to your phone. Also, copy Magisk Manager APK to your Realme 5i.
- Now install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app, and in the app, click on the Install > Install.
- A will pop up will appear on the screen, so choose “Select and Patch a File.” Then locate and select the boot.img.
- Now the patching process will begin, so wait for the patching to finish.
- After patching, the output file will be saved in the download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Copy the magisk_patched.img from the download folder to your computer C:\adb and rename it to boot.img.
- Then turn off your phone. And boot Realme 5i into Fastboot mode. To boot into Fastboot mode, press & hold the Volume Up + Power button together until Fastboot mode appears.
- After booting to Fastboot mode, connect your phone to the computer.
- Go to C:\adb location and replace the location with CMD and press enter. It will open the command window on your computer.
- In the command window, enter the below command. The command should return an ID, which means the device is connected.
- Now enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root Realme 5i.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing, reboot your phone into the system and enjoy the root access on your device.
Now you Realme 5i is rooted, and you can experience all the features on your phone that are restricted by default. After rooting, you can disable ads, uninstall system apps, make changes in the build file, and lot more you can do with rooted Realme 5i.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 7.2 for Realme 5i
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Realme 5i along with a guide on Realme 5i unlock the bootloader. In case if you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below.