Moto G30 and Moto G10 are the two new budget phones from Motorola. Maybe these are the two phones of the new series. Both phones pack some great sets of hardware along with impressive software. As you know Motorola phones run on UI which is quite similar to Stock and lacks customization options. But if you want to customize your phone then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to Root Moto G30 and how to unlock bootloader of Moto G30.
Moto G30 is the top variant among G10 and G30 and comes with some great specifications. The phone features a 6.5-inch HD+ display with 90Hz refresh rate support. It comes with a mid-range Snapdragon 662 processor. Moto G30 dons four rear cameras and a single front camera. And the device runs on the latest Android 11 update. These are some great specifications for a mid-range phone.
Motorola phones are popular for the clean stock experience but what if you are looking for some customization on your phone. Well in that case you can root your Moto G30 to enjoy some advanced features. There is not much when it comes to custom development like custom ROMs, Custom Recoveries, etc. In that case, Rooting is the best option. In this guide, we will also share how to unlock bootloader of Moto G30.
How to Root Moto G30
Rooting an Android phone is still worth it as it brings an option to control our phones as we want. It includes the control to system settings and system configuration files. It also brings some basic but popular features such as support for custom fonts, custom boot animation, and third-party themes. Luckily, we can root Motorola phones. But you need to first unlock the bootloader, so we will also let you know how to unlock bootloader on Motorola Moto G30 and then move to the next rooting steps.
Motorola Moto G30 Unlock Bootloader
If you are not aware of the bootloader status on your phone then most probably it is locked. All Android phones come with locked bootloader unless you are specifically buying an unlocked variant. Fortunately, Motorola allows its users to unlock bootloader of their phones. But the process is different from other Android phones, so make sure to follow the steps carefully.
- Unlocking bootloader of Moto G30 will remove all data from your phone, so first make sure to take a full backup. It will also void the warranty.
- Install some required drivers ADB & Fastboot drivers and Motorola USB Driver on your Windows PC.
- Now go to Settings > About Phone section on your phone. Tap 7-8 times on Build Number, and it will show ‘You are now a developer.’
- After enabling the developer options, go back to Settings. Then go to System > Developer Options. In Developer options, enable OEM Unlocking and enable USB Debugging.
- Turn off your Moto G30. Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Motorola Moto G30 into Fastboot Mode.
- When the Fastboot screen appears on the phone, release both buttons. And then connect your phone to your PC when the phone is in Fastboot mode.
- Now open the Command window or CMD on your computer and enter the below command
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will display a 5-line code. Copy the code and adjust it in one line (use notepad for convenience). Remember not to copy (bootloader) in case of windows and Info in the case of Mac.
- Now go to Motorola unlock page and click next and login with your Motorola account.
- Copy the one-line code that you just adjusted in Notepad and paste it into the Motorola unlock page.
- Click on ‘Can my device be unlocked’ and then click ‘Request Unlock Key’ (make sure to select I Agree).
- Then you will receive a code via mail (Motorola account ID). Copy the code and paste in place of ‘code’ without inverted commas in the below command and press Enter
fastboot oem unlock 'code'
- Entering the above command will unlock bootloader of Moto G30. It will erase all the data on your phone. After unlocking the bootloader, reboot, and set up your device.
After Unlocking the bootloader of your phone, you can check it in the developer options. The OEM unlocking should be enabled by default after the reset. Once you confirm the bootloader is unlocked on your Moto G30, you can follow the root procedure.
- Make sure to Unlock Bootloader of Motorola Moto G30
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Canary Magisk Manager APK
- Download the Moto G30 Firmware for your phone (the same version which is installed on your phone)
Steps to Root Moto G30 with Magisk
Here in this guide, we will use Magisk and patched boot image to root Moto G30. The credit goes to John Wu for the awesome Magisk tool that helps to root Android phones.
- You need to first extract the boot.img file from Moto G30 firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager app and click on the Install.
- In the next step choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the option.
- Browse and select the boot.img file, and it will start patching the boot image.
- The output file will be stored in the download folder with the name magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the patched boot image file to your computer in folder C:\adb. Also, rename the patched file to boot.img.
- Reboot your Moto G30 to Fastboot mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:\adb folder (or platform-tools folder) press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can check if the device is connected or not by entering the below command that should return some device id.
- Now enter the below command to flash Magisk and root Motorola Moto G30.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched boot image. reboot your device to the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it’s not already installed.
- Complete the in-app instructions, and the device will automatically reboot into the system.
After rooting your phone, you can check the status on any root checker app which will first ask root permission first make sure to allow it. And if it is rooted, you can use various Xposed Modules to modify your Motorola Moto G30. You can also check our guide to install Xposed Framework on Android 11.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Moto G30 and how to unlock bootloader of Moto G30. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.
More Guides on Motorola: