Xiaomi has unveiled the cheaper variant of Mi 10 series and it is called Mi 10 Lite. The Mi 10 Lite gives a chance to users to experience the Mi 10 without spending a lot of money. However, you don’t get the same performance as the Mi 10 & Mi 10 Pro, as these come with flagship processor and camera. But Mi 10 Lite comes with some downgrade hardware which is generally due to cost-cutting. If we talk about the Mi 10 Lite performance then it is competitive in its price range. But as you know we have a lot of options to increase performance like root. Here you will know How to Root Mi 10 Lite and guide for how to unlock bootloader on Mi 10 Lite.
Now coming to its specifications then the device features Snapdragon 765G processor which is integrated with Adreno 620 GPU. Mi 10 Lite features a 6.57-inch AMOLED FHD+ display with teardrop design. The main feature of the device is the Quad camera setup at back. The setup includes 48MP main camera, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 5MP Macro camera, and a 2MP depth camera. As you know it comes with a teardrop design camera at the front which is a 16MP front camera. And now let’s see the Mi 10 Lite root guide along with Mi 10 Lite Unlock Bootloader guide.
How to Root Mi 10 Lite
There are many advantages of rooting which are also the reason to root any Android phone. Rooting provides many features on Android phones like installing custom fonts, custom boot animations, third party themes and more. After root, we can easily get advance features on your device. We can also install top Xposed modules for customizing Mi 10 Lite.
Its been a few years since the security of Android phones has increased and so we now need a more powerful method to root the latest phones. And luckily we have few methods which can easily root Mi 10 Lite. There are few methods to root the device like installing Magisk or even the patched boot files. And as of now, no custom Recovery is available which means we can not directly flash Magisk so we will be using the patched boot image to root Mi 10 Lite. As you know first we have to unlock bootloader on Mi 10 Lite in case if we want to root. So let’s begin the guide.
Mi 10 Lite Unlock Bootloader
Xiaomi allows us to easily unlock bootloader which means we can root Mi 10 lite. There are many brands which do not allow users to unlock bootloader of their phones. And as Xiaomi allows it, so its one of the reasons that Xiaomi phones are popular. It gives us the liberty to easily modify our system. Another big advantage of rooting is that we can install the latest updates without getting OTA updates. And another amazing thing is that you don’t have to worry about the warranty as unlocking bootloader will not void the warranty of the device.
- Unlocking bootloader on Mi 10 Lite will delete all the data from the phone so first, take a full backup of your phone.
- You need some tools and drivers. So download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now open Settings on your phone and login to Mi Account then wait for at least 7 days. And if already logged in for more then 7 days, then skip this step.
- Then go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Go to About Phone and tap 7-8 times continuously on the MIUI version. It will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- To open developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Developer option is a hidden option with many options. You have to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging from the options.
- Connect your phone to an active internet connection with the same number that is linked to the Mi account. Now again go to Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- Turn off your phone. Then long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot Mi 10 Lite into Fastboot mode. When you see the Mi Bunny image, release both buttons.
- Now connect your PC to an active Internet connection. Then open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Mi 10 Lite.
- The tool will detect your phone and then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of Mi 10 Lite and this will erase all the data.
Note: If the tool stop at 99%, then wait for a few days and try again with the same method.
Now you have unlocked the bootloader on your Mi 10 Lite. And now you can easily root your phone. As you already know that there is no restriction on rooting Xiaomi phones, unlike Samsung devices. So it’s an advantage for Xiaomi users, and if you want to root Mi 10 Lite, go through the steps given below.
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (Skip if already installed)
- Take a full backup before beginning the process
- Download firmware for your phone (The same version that is installed on your phone)
Root Mi 10 Lite with Magisk
- First, you need to extract the Mi 10 Lite firmware on your computer and find the boot.img in the extracted folder.
- Copy the boot.img and Magisk Manager APK to your Mi 10 Lite.
- Now install the Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Then open the Magisk Manager app and in the app click on the Install > Install.
- A will pop up will appear on the screen, so choose “Select and Patch a File”. Then locate and select the boot.img.
- The above process will start patching the boot image file so wait for the patching to finish.
- After patching the output file will be saved in the download folder with name magisk_patched.img or patched_boot.img.
- Now copy the magisk_patched.img from the download folder to your computer C:\adb and rename it to boot.img.
- Then turn off your phone. And boot Mi 10 Lite into Fastboot mode using the steps given in the unlock bootloader section.
- When your phone is in Fastboot mode, connect it to the computer.
- Go to C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD and press enter. It will open the command window on your computer.
- In the command window enter the below command. The command should return an ID which means the device is connected.
- Now enter the below command to flash patched boot image and root Mi 10 Lite.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing, reboot your phone into the system and enjoy the root access on your device.
That’s finally you have rooted your Mi 10 Lite with Magisk. Now your phone has root privilege, and you can enjoy amazing features like block ads, remove system apps and more. As you know Xiaomi shows ads on its phones and so rooting will give you the option to remove these ads.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to root Mi 10 Lite along with a guide to unlock bootloader on Mi 10 Lite. If you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section.