Vizio is a popular brand that manufactures a good number of smart TVs that are available to users across various budgets. With the rise of smart TVs, the need for good streaming apps and services also increases. There are, a large number of free and paid services for you to choose from.
No matter what the TV brand is, there will always be a few issues that a lot of users will come across. This is a common sight for almost any type of electronic device out there. Now several Vizo smart TV owners have been talking about how small and temporary bugs are causing some sort of inconvenience while using a Vizio smart TV. The best solution that works a lot of the time with the Vizio smart TV is simply restarting it.
So let’s take a look at the different ways you can follow to perform a restart on your Vizio TV.
How to Restart any Vizio Smart TV
Restarting a Vizio smart TV is a simple and easy process. When you restart a device, you help to clear out any bugs that might be temporarily causing some sort of issues. Restarting your TV also helps to clear out the RAM. You don’t have to worry about any data being lost because this reboot process does not erase anything from your TV.
Here are several reasons why you might want to perform a reboot of your Vizio TV.
- Issues With Volume Output
- The device’s Home screen freezing or not loading
- Unable to download apps
- Unresponsive TV
- Glitchy Screen
- Apps Crashing
A Quick Way to Restart Vizio Smart TV – Method 1
The first method to restarting your Vizio TV is simple and easy to follow. Here are the steps.
- Power off the Vizio Smart TV
- Unplug it from the power source.
- Plug the TV back into its power source.
- Press and hold the Power button on your TV for a few seconds. The Tv should power up right away.
Restart Vizio Smart TV via Settings Menu – Method 2
There is also a second way to restart your Vizio smart TV. The Menu names may or may not be different for different Vizio TV models. Here are the steps.
- Have the Vizio TV remote in your hand and press the Menu button on it.
- Navigate to the System option from the Settings menu.
- Now, navigate and select the Reset and Admin or Reset options. (Select whichever is applicable to your particular Vizio smart TV.)
- You should see an option that says Soft power Cyle.
- Selecting that option will restart your Vizio Smart TV right away.
This concludes the guide on how you can restart your Vizio smart TV. if for some reason you aren’t able to clear the issues with your Vizio smart TV by restarting it, you might as well need to g ahead and perform a factory reset for the TV. The steps to perform a factory reset for your Vizio smart TV can be found by heading here.
- How to connect Laptop to Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly [Guide]
- How to Program DirecTV Remote to Vizio TV
- How to fix Vizio Smart TV No Signal issue [5 Methods]
- How to Add Apps on your Vizio Smart TV (without V button)
- How to Watch Local TV Channels on Vizio TV
- How to Change Input Source on Vizio TV without remote