As someone who has cut the cord to their cable network, streaming services are the way to go. One of the popular streaming services that people subscribe to is HBO Max. You can choose to have a subscription as a standalone plan or as an addon with your existing Hulu plan. But what if your HBP Max app not working on your Samsung TV. It can be due to many reasons. But you can always fix it. Here is how to Restart HBO Max App on Samsung TV to fix the issue.
There are many advantages to using streaming services, but sometimes there can also be issues with the services like HBO Max. In the case of streaming services, you could face an issue either with the service or the app not working or it could be your internet having an issue. So, if you are someone that uses a Samsung Smart TV and HBO Max app has a problem then this guide is for you.
There are many reasons why you might want to restart the HBO Max app. It could be possible that the app isn’t displaying content correctly, is not playing the content properly or for that matter, maybe the app has not updated itself with the current HBO Max plan that you might have selected. And in all these cases the best way to fix these issues is by restarting the HBO Max App.
Restart HBO Max App on Samsung TV
Of course, the best way to restart the HBO Max app to fix issues is by closing the app and then launching it again. But, what if there is some issue that hasn’t been fixed? In this case, you need to troubleshoot HBO Max using the methods mentioned below.
Method #1: Sign Out of the HBO Max app
The first option is to sign out of the HBO Max app. This is simple and you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Power on your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
- Now, launch the HBO Max app.
- Select the Settings icon and then scroll towards the right.
- You should see the Sign Out option.
- Select it to sign out of the HBO Max app.
- Once you have signed out of the app, close the app.
- Now relaunch the app to sign in with your HBO Max credentials again.
Method #2: Force Shutdown Samsung TV
Forcefully shutting down a TV and restarting it should help fix any niggles that you might be facing while using the HBO Max app. There are two ways that you can shut down the TV forcefully.
1) Use the Remote
If your Samsung Smart TV is on, simply press and hold the Power button on the remote. The TV will shut itself down and then restart automatically within 5 seconds or so.
2) Unplug the Cable
All you need to do is unplug the TV from its power outlet and wait for about 30 seconds and then plug it back into the power outlet. The TV will now power itself up.
Method #3: Update Samsung TV Firmware
Sometimes, there could be a firmware update for your TV that might help fix any issues that you might face either with the HBO Max app or any other app. Here are the steps you need to follow to update the firmware on your Samsung TV.
- Power on your Samsung TV.
- Make sure that it is connected to a working network.
- Now, press the Menu button on your TV remote or navigate to the Settings option.
- Select Support followed by Software Update.
- Choose the Update Now button.
- If there is any software update available, the TV will now download and install it.
- Once the update has been installed, check your HBO Max app and see if it has any issues.
Method #4: Update HBO Max app
Now, there could possibly be an issue with the HBO Max app itself. In this case, it would be advisable to check for any app updates if available on your Samsung Smart TV. Follow these steps.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- Launch the Samsung Smart Hub on your TV and select the Apps option.
- Select the Settings icon followed by Updates.
- Scroll through the list and select the HBO Max app.
- Pick the Update option.
- The HBO Max app update should now be installed on your TV.
Method #5: Reinstall the HBO Max app
If there is no app update available, it would be sensible to simply reinstall the HBO max app. A fresh installation of the app should also help fix any issues. Follow these steps to reinstall the HBO Max app on Samsung TV.
- Grab the TV remote and launch the Smart Hub on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Now, scroll and select the HBO Max app from the list.
- Press and hold the enter button on your remote and then choose the Delete option.
- With the app uninstalled, search for the HBO Max app in the app store.
- When you see the app from the results, select it and install the app. Once you have signed in, check and see if there are any issues. If not, the problems have been solved right away.
So these are the numerous ways you can follow to fix this issue of the HBO Max app not working properly on your Samsung Smart TV. Sure, you can always restart the HBO Max app on Samsung TV by closing and relaunching it. But that doesn’t always mean that the issues or bugs are fixed right away. By following the troubleshooting methods listed above, you should now not be facing any issues with the HBO Max app. If you have any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.