Gaming consoles are a great way to experience games on the big screen. Now, the PlayStation 4 and 5 is a great console from Sony. The advantage of these consoles is because of the exclusive games that you can play only on the PlayStation Console as well as the PlayStation Plus subscription where you get few games for free every month. Now as it is with electronics, you might face some kind of errors. In this case, performing a reset on your console is a great idea. So, read on to know how to reset PS4 and PS5 console easily.
There are two kinds of reset modes that you can perform on the PlayStation consoles a soft reset and a hard reset. The soft reset won’t delete any of your data, whereas the hard reset performs a factory reset of your console, meaning that it will clear off all your data. In this case, having a backup of your saved games or transferring the saves to an external storage device should be a good idea. Here is a guide on how to reset PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 easily.
How to reset PS4 and PS5
Now, there could be many reasons why you might want to reset your consoles. It could be due to an error, an update causing a few glitches or maybe you just want to sell the console or give it away to someone else. What you do with your console is your personal choice. Read on to know how to reset your PlayStation Consoles.
Hard Reset PS4 Console
- Power on your PlayStation 4.
- With the controller scroll through the Settings option.
- Once in the Settings menu, select PlayStation Network. You can also select Account Management.
- Under that, select the Activate Your Primary PS4
- Choose the Deactivate option.
- You will now have to restart your PS4. Press the power button to forcefully turn it off and then turn it on again.
- When the PS4 powers on, you might want to log in with your PlayStation account again.
- Navigate to Settings, select it and then choose Initialization.
- Now, select the Initialize the PS4 option.
- You can now choose the Full option. What this does is it will completely clear off your PS4.
- This process can take between half an hour to two hours. You will see a progress bar that will tell you how much time is remaining for the system to be cleared off.
- Once this process has been completed, you can simply turn the PS4 off.
- The next time you turn the PS4 on, you will be greeted with the first-time setup screen.
Soft Reset PS4 Console
- Switch your PlayStation 4 on.
- Press and hold the Power and Eject button simultaneously.
- The PlayStation 4 will now shut itself down.
- Now, you will need to press the power button to switch the PS4 on.
- And that is how you can soft reset a PlayStation 4 easily.
How to reset PS5 Console
- Power on your PS5 and select the Settings option that can be found on the home screen.
- With the Settings menu opened, select the System option.
- Under that, you will now want to select System Software followed by Reset Options.
- You can now select Reset Your Console. It will show you a message stating that all user information and data will be deleted from the system. To agree to it select Reset.
- The reset process will now begin. During this time the PS5 cannot be used.
- Once the reset has been completed you can simply turn the console off if you do not wish to use it again.
This is how you will be able to reset your PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. With regards to the PS5, if you can put the PS5 console into safe mode by pressing the and holding the power button for three seconds and then pressing it again till you hear a few beeps, you can simply connect the controller via the USB cable, press the PS button and then bring up the Safe Mode menu Here you will have various options like rebuilding the cache, restarting the PS5 and even resting the PS5.
You May Also Like – How to transfer PS4 data to PS5
We hope this guide has helped you in performing a reset for your PS4 and PS5 respectively. For more doubts, you can leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: