Smart TVs have changed the way one consumes content. These TVs have over the years undergone massive improvements in terms of audio, video, features, and even screen sizes. While all of this is good, there will always be some sort of issue with electronics in general. Smart TVs have a common issue wherein the TVs just stop displaying anything at all. There could be many reasons for this. However, the Hisense range of Smart TVs seems to have this as a common problem and many people have been reporting about it. Even if there is no display, there is a way to perform a reset. Read on to know how to reset Hisense Smart TV with no picture.
A smart TV not displaying any output could be caused due to many reasons. First, it could be that a software update might have glitched it, or it could just be a bug that might have caused the display to blank when a certain action was performed while using the TV. It could also sometimes be caused due to hardware failures. But, to determine what the actual cause is, the best thing one should do is to perform a factory reset. Only on this basis will one be able to understand the nature of this issue. So, here is a guide on how to reset a Hisense Smart TV that has no picture.
Reset Hisense Smart TV with No Picture
Since there is no possible way of figuring out between the issue being hardware or a software one just by looking at the TV screen, a factory reset needs to be performed. Here are two ways that you can follow to reset your Hisense Smart TV that has no picture.
Method 1 – Use the Reset Button
Most of the Hisense TVs will also be having a simple and small reset button that will usually be present at the back panel. It will be present at the part where you have the input and output ports for your TV.
To reset the TV, simply press and hold the reset button for about 15 seconds or so. The TV should automatically restart. That is when you leave the reset button. If you get to see the picture on your TV that means the reset helped fix it.
Method 2 – Disconnect the TV from Power Source
- First, you will need to switch your TV off if you already haven’t.
- Once that has been done, you need to unplug any connected devices from the TV. The devices in question could be any USB, set-top boxes, cable network connections, etc.
- Now, you will need to unplug the TV from its power source.
- Leave the TV disconnected for at least up to 2 minutes.
- This is a kind of soft reset that you have performed as it removes anything that is currently present in the TV’s ram.
- Once the time has completed, simply plug the TV pack to its power source and switch it on.
- If the issue was only a software one, the TV should now be back to displaying its picture as usual.
Method 3 – Reset Hisense Roku TV with remote buttons
If your Hisense Roku TV isn’t displaying any pictures, you can use a simple and easy button combination to perform a reset. Follow these steps.
- First, you need to have your Hisense Roku TV power on. Use the remote to switch it on.
- Now using the remote, press the Up navigation button once.
- You will have to press the rewind button twice.
- And finally, press the forward button twice.
- Usually if your TV displays a picture, the TV will first freeze for a while and then display a black screen.
- Soon after that, the TV should automatically restart on its own.
- In this case after performing the above buttons if your TV manages to display pictures normally, then you have fixed the issue.
These are the three ways you can follow to perform a blind reset on your Hisense smart TV. However, if none of these methods have got the issue resolved, well the best you can do is take it to the service centers and have the authorized personnel get it checked. If you have a warranty you might be in luck to replace the TV right away. If not, well it might cost you to get the part replaced or you should probably just get yourself a new TV.
You May Also Like – How to use Hisense TV without Remote
If you have any queries about installing and downloading apps on your Hisense SmartTVs, you can drop them in the comments section below.
More Related Articles: