Electronic devices tend to run into issues, it could be simple small issues that can be fixed just by restarting the device. Sometimes it could be a software update or a newly installed program that might be causing random weird issues all the time. In such cases, the best option that one has is to perform a reset. The same can be said for TVs and yes, they can be reset as well. They are smart for a reason and usually have options such as being to reset it. Today’s guide is all about how to factory reset Hisense Roku TV.
Now, there are plenty of reasons why you would reset a TV. It could be that a firmware update might be causing some issues, or might be given away the Tv to someone else or maybe even donating it. Sometimes there could be a defect and you are being asked to send it to the service center in exchange for a new one or you just simply want to sell it off. The reasons to reset are plenty but the methods are few. So, read along on how to reset Hisense Roku TV easily.
How to Reset Hisense Roku Smart TVs (2013 and older)
If you’ve got a Hisense Ro smart TV from 2013 or older, there is a way to reset the TV. It will be a bit different from the new models (2014 onwards). Follow these steps to reset older Hisense Roku Smart TVs.
- Power on your Hisense Roku Smart TV.
- On your TV remote press and hold the Exit button for around 15 seconds or so.
- You will now see the Hisense factory reset menu
- Select OK and then simply turn the TV off from the remote.
- Wait around for 20 or more seconds before turning it back on.
- Finally, turn the TV on and now you have a fully reset Hisense Smart TV.
How to Reset Hisense Roku Smart TVs (2014 and newer)
- Power on the Hisense Roku Smart TV and press the Menu button on your TV remote
- Click on the Support option by pressing the Enter or the Ok button on your remote.
- Now, choose the Self Diagnosis option under the support menu and click on Enter or OK.
- Scroll over down till you find the Reset option.
- Upon selecting it, it will ask you for a security key or pin. You will find this security key or pin in your Hisense TVs user manual or guide.
- As you enter the PIN you will now be able to reset your Hisense Roku Smart TV.
- The reset process will now begin. Once the TV restarts it will be reset to its factory settings.
And this is how you reset your Hisense Roku Smart TV based on your TVs model. The reset option is fast and easy to use. It should not take you more than 5 minutes to complete the process on older and newer TVs. Now of course, you have used the TV remote to reset it. But what if, you don’t have the remote with you or its lost or don’t have the original TV remote? Well, thankfully there is a way to perform the reset. This is more of a soft reset as compared to the previous factory reset method. Read on to know how to perform a soft reset.
How to soft reset Hisense Roku TV
- First things first, turn your Hisense Roku Smart TV Off.
- Next, you might want to disconnect any USB drives or any other devices that are connected to the TVs ports.
- Disconnect the TV’s power by unplugging it from the power outlet.
- Wait for around two minutes or before you plug it back into the power outlet.
- Once you’ve plugged it back in, simply switch your TV on like how you would generally do.
- And that’s how you perform a soft reset on your Hisense Roku smart TV.
Now that you know how to reset your Hisense Roku smart TV you no longer need to call someone and ask them to do it for you thus helping you save time in performing this simple and easy function. If you just have small issues then the soft reset method works perfectly, and yes it does work on older and newer Hisense Roku TVs. However, if you have other plans for your TV such as selling it or giving it away, it’s best to perform the hard reset. This helps to clear away all user data and reset back to default factory settings.
You May Also Like – How to Sideload Apps on Hisense Smart TV
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: