Having trouble with your FireStick remote? If you are sure Hardware is not the issue, you can reset your Firestick remote to fix it. Here is the working guide on how to Reset FireStick Remote.
Amazon’s Firestick devices are the most popular Amazon smart devices. You see, it’s a small little device that converts any regular TV with an HDMI port into a smart TV. The Firestick allows you to install different apps, stream various movies and TV shows, and also lets you connect to the internet via the WiFi network and devices using Bluetooth. To control FireStick devices, you can easily make use of the included remote that comes with the device itself.
However, there can be a situation that may arise requiring you to reset your Firestick remote. It could be possible that the remote might not be functioning as intended or it could also be that you got yourself a Firestick remote that was previously used with someone else’s Firestick device. No matter what the reason is, you can always perform a factory reset of the particular Firestick remote by following the methods mentioned below.
How to Reset a Firestick Remote
Now, there are different Firestick remotes and each type of remote has a different method of performing a reset. So scroll through and select the particular Firestick remote that you own and follow the instructions.
#Tip: Before Reset, I would suggest trying a restart on the FireStick remote (Press Select and Home button together and hold them for 20 seconds). Because Restart can fix most of the issues and you might not even need to reset your FireStick remote. You can also try removing the Amazon Firestick from power and connected TV. Connect again after 20 seconds.
Buttons that you need to Remember:
Reset Basic Edition Firestick Remote
Do you own the Basic Edition Firestick remote? You can follow these steps to easily reset the remote.
- Grab the Basic Edition Firestick remote and press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button press the Menu button three times.
- Next, you need to release the Home button.
- Now, press the Menu button at least nine times on your Basic Edition Firestick remote.
- Now remove the batteries from your FireStick remote.
- Also, unplug the Firestick from the TV and leave it unplugged for about 60 seconds.
- Once the 60 seconds have passed, re-insert the batteries into the remote and plug the Firestick back into the TV.
- When the TV shows the Home screen on your TV, press and hold the Home button for 40 seconds.
- Finally, wait for 60 seconds for the setup to complete.
Reset Alexa Voice Remote (1st Generation)
Here are the steps you need to follow to perform a reset in case you own the 1st Generation Alexa Voice Remote for Firestick. The first gen remote doesn’t have Power and Volume buttons.
- Unplug your Fire TV device from the power source.
- Now, wait for about 60 seconds.
- Keep the Left and Menu buttons on the remote pressed together for 12 seconds.
- Once the 12 seconds have passed, release both buttons and wait for about 5 seconds.
- Take out the batteries from the Firestick remote.
- Now, plug the Fire TV device back into the TV and its power source.
- After that wait for 60 seconds and then reinsert the batteries.
- Finally, press the Home button on your Firestick remote. Your remote will pair back with the TV now.
- If the remote is not paired, keep the Home button pressed for about 10 seconds to pair the remote to your Fire TV device.
Reset Alexa Voice Remote (with Power and Volume Buttons)
Using this method you can Reset Alexa Voice Remote second generation and third generation. If you own any of these Fire TV remotes.
- Leave your Fire TV device unplugged for 60 seconds.
- Press the Left, Menu, and Back buttons together and hold them for 12 seconds.
- Now let go of all the buttons and wait for about 5 seconds.
- Also, remove the batteries from your Firestick remote.
- You will now have to plug the Firestick back into its power source and wait for 60 seconds.
- Reinsert the batteries and press the Home button on the remote to pair it back to the Fire TV device.
Reset Alexa Voice Remote Lite
Amazon also has a lite version of FireStick which is available at less cost and comes with Lite FireStick Remote. The FireStick Remote Lite does not have the Power button and Volume buttons. If you have the Lite version, you can follow this method.
- First, remove your FireStick from the TV and power source.
- After 60 seconds, press and hold the Left, Menu, and Back buttons together for 12 seconds.
- Let go of the buttons and wait for 5 seconds.
- After that remove batteries from your Firestick Lite remote.
- Insert the Firestick Lite into the power source and connect it to your TV.
- Wait for 60 seconds, and the insert batteries on your Firestick Remote Lite.
- At last press the Home button on your remote.
Reset Fire TV Remotes
If you own a Fire TV which is different than the FireStick, then you can follow this method. Although Fire TV and FireStick are different products, both support similar types of remotes. Fire TV comes with Alexa Voice Remote as well as Smart TV Remote. The Smart TV Remote has the same buttons as the third gen Alexa voice remote but buttons placement is different. Both remotes follow the same steps that you can check below.
- Remove your Fire TV from the connected TV and power source.
- Wait for 60 seconds and then press Left, Menu, and Back buttons together and hold them for 12 seconds.
- Now you can release all the buttons.
- Wait for 5 seconds and then remove the batteries from your Fire TV Remote.
- Insert the Fire TV back into the connected TV and power source. Wait for 60 seconds.
- After that put back batteries into the Fire TV Remote.
- Press the Home button to pair the remote. The blue light will blink. If it’s not paired back press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
Reset Fire TV Soundbar Remote
Amazon also has a Soundbar that’s powered by Amazon’s Fire TV OS. You can follow these steps to reset the remote right away.
- Disconnect your Fire TV and wait for around 60 seconds.
- Now press the Left, Menu, and Back buttons together and hold them for 12 seconds.
- After 12 seconds, release all the buttons and wait for about 5 seconds.
- Next, remove the batteries from your Fire TV Soundbar remote.
- Plug the Fire TV Soundbar into its power source and connect it to your TV and wait for 60 seconds.
- Insert the batteries in the remote.
- Finally, press the Home button on the remote to pair it back to the Fire TV Soundbar.
- The Blue LED indicator on your remote will blink indicating that the pairing has been successful. If not paired then press the Home button for 10 seconds.
Still Have Questions, Follow these FAQs:
Can I use my Phone as Firestick Remote?
How do I pair my Firestick Remote again?
After resetting, you will be able to easily pair your Firestick remote with a Firestick device using the Home button. Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds.
Can I replace a Firestick Remote?
Yes, you can get a new remote and easily use the remote with your current Fire Stick device. All you need to do is pair your new Remote.
This concludes the definitive guide on how to reset Firestick remote easily. With this reset guide, you should be able to easily solve a lot of the issues that you might be facing with the remote. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.