Have you been searching for ways to reset an Apple AirTag to pair it with a different device or Apple ID? You’ve come to the right place. Here’s how to reset Apple AirTag and link new family member’s account or another iPhone.
Apple announced AirTag at an event in April 2021. A product to rival Tile, Apple’s AirTag enables users to locate lost or stolen items through the Find My app on their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
Apple AirTag feature the same ultra-wideband tech as Apple’s iPhone 12 and other recent devices, thanks to the U1 chip. This enables precision tracking to make it easier for us to find things an AirTag is attached to. Now let’s move in to the process on how you can pair an AirTag along with the process of resetting it.
Pairing an AirTag:
Pairing an AirTag is very simple. The AirTag pair to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch just as easily as the Apple AirPods do. All you need to do is hold the AirTag close to your iPhone and then you will receive a pop-up on the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch prompting you to connect. Tap on Connect and voila, the Apple AirTag is now paired with your Apple device.
You will have to be signed into an Apple account and using the Find My service, which will require access to iCloud. The AirTag will appear in the Find My app as an item.
You then have to attach it to your item or slip it into your bag and forget about it, until you lose your item or bag.
How to Reset Apple AirTag
If you want to pair your AirTag with a new iPhone, you first have to reset it. As with every new Apple product, there are some things that you need to learn before you proceed to reset an AirTag. We will help you learn how to reset an AirTag and pair it with a new iPhone.
How to Connect Apple AirTag to Another iPhone
Each AirTag is associated with a specific Apple ID and you can pair up to 16 AirTag with every account. However, if you are giving your AirTag to a friend or family member or simply selling it, you first have to remove your AirTag from your Apple ID account.
The AirTag supports a feature Apple calls Pairing Lock which ensures no one can remotely unpair an AirTag from your device. An AirTag can be easily removed from your Apple ID so that another person can use it in the Find My app. Now let’s take a look at how you can unlink AirTag
To unlink Apple AirTag with your Apple ID:
- Open the Find My app.
- Tap the Items tab.
- Select your AirTag.
- Choose the option labeled Remove Item.
To factory reset an Apple AirTag:
- Press down on the battery cover behind your AirTag and rotate counterclockwise while pressing until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and the battery.
- Attach the battery again.
- Press down on the battery until you hear a sound. This sound means that the battery is connected.
- When the sound finishes, repeat the process four more times, removing and replacing the battery, then pressing down on the battery until you hear a sound. You should hear a sound each time you press on the battery, for a total of five sounds. The fifth sound is different from the previous four. This indicates that the AirTag is now reset to its factory default settings and is now ready to pair.
- Replace the cover by aligning the three tabs on the cover with the three slots on your AirTag.
- Press down on the cover.
- Rotate the cover clockwise while pressing down on the cover until it stops rotating.
To pair AirTag with another iPhone:
- On your iPhone, navigate to the Find My app and set it up if you haven’t already.
- Hold the AirTag in close proximity to your iPhone.
- The AirTag will automatically appear on your iPhone and simply tap on Connect.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to name the AirTag depending on the belonging you want to attach the AirTag to. (For example, ‘Car Keys’, ‘School Bag’ etc.).
- Once you do that, register the AirTag to your Apple ID.
- The AirTag is now paired with your iPhone and ready to use. You should see the accessory under the Items tab in the Find My app.
- Attach the AirTag to your belonging that you want to keep track of and you are all done.
- You can now start tracking in the Items tab in Find My app.
This is all that you have to do in order to pair and use your AirTag with a new iPhone. The process is fairly easy. Apple says that the AirTag pairing process is similar to that of AirPods, providing you with a hassle-free and seamless pairing experience.
That is all for now. What are your thoughts on the pairing process of the AirTag with your iPhone? Do you find it easy? Let us know how your experience went in the comments section below. Feel free to reach out to us if you face any problems.
You May Also Like – How to Download Spotify Songs on Apple Watch
Also, share this article with your family and friends so that they can learn how to reset AirTag and pair it to a new Apple ID or another iPhone.
More Related Articles: