If you want to record an important conversation on a call, you can use the call recording function. Samsung has an inbuilt call recording feature that can be easily used by users. If you are a Samsung user, here’s how to record phone calls on Samsung.
We never know when a recorded conversation may come in handy, and so many users like to record their calls. Although call recording is possible, it should be used ethically. There are times when we wish we had recorded that call. And so to avoid these situations you can follow this guide to enable call recording on Samsung.
Table of Contents
Is it possible to record calls on Samsung?
Yes, Samsung phones come with inbuilt call recording. It records phone calls when the user has enabled it manually or automatically. This feature does not work in WiFi calling. Samsung users can also use third party apps for phone call recording but it is not recommended unless it is a Google app or another trusted app.
Should you record Calls?
Now that you know it is possible to record calls on Samsung, there is a common question that everyone has at least once in their mind and that is, should I record calls or not? You can record phone calls for all ethical reasons and only if it is legal in your area.
The call recording feature comes in handy when you want to note down something the other person is telling you. And so the easiest way to get that information is by recording it rather than writing it down which will only take time. Also, it can be helpful if an agent is sharing information about a product you might be interested in. Well, there could be other reasons depending on the situation.
On Samsung phones, you can either enable automatic phone call recording or you can also record phone calls manually. Here you will learn about both methods.
How to Record Phone Calls Automatically on Samsung
Make sure you are using the stock dialer and not any third party dialer.
- Open the Samsung Phone app on your device.
- Tap on the three dots available in the right corner.
- Now from the options, choose Settings.
- Under call settings, you will find many options, select Record Calls.
- Now turn on the toggle for Auto Record Calls.
- To see more options tap on the Auto record calls text and you will be able to choose between:
- All Calls
- Calls with unsaved numbers
- Calls with specific numbers
Depending on your settings, the device will automatically record calls when you are on a call from a specific number, unsaved numbers, or all calls.
To disable Auto call recording on Samsung, follow the same process but in the last turn the toggle to Off.
How to Manually Record a Phone Call on Samsung
If you want to use call recording only when it is needed and not all the time, you can manually start call recording whenever you are on a call. This is best if you want to save storage and don’t want to record all calls. Here’s how to record phone calls manually.
- Accept or Make a call on your Samsung phone using the stock dialer.
- When you are on a call, tap the three dots on the phone call screen.
- Tap the Record Call option and Accept the T&C.
- It will start recording the call and you will see the Recording sign with a timer.
Once you end the call, the recording will save on the device. Using the manual method you can choose to record calls when it’s needed.
How to Find Recorded Calls
The whole point of recording calls is so that we can access them later. All call recordings are saved in a default folder unless you have changed the default location. If you are using call recording on Samsung for the first time, you may need a guide to find recorded calls. Here’s the step.
- Open the stock Phone app.
- Tap the three dots on the right side and select Settings.
- Now go to the Record Calls option and select Recorded Calls.
- It will take you to the folder where all phone call recordings are saved.
- You can look for any particular recording by the contact name or number.
- Open the My Files app on your Samsung phone.
- Go to Recording followed by Calls.
- All phone call recordings will be at this location.
Can You use third party apps to record calls Samsung?
Google has removed call recording apps from Play Store, and popular apps like Truecaller removed the call recording feature from its app to comply with Google policy. But you can still sideload third party apps to record calls on Samsung. However, it is advised to use only stock apps and not trust third party apps unless it is from a trusted source.
Is Call recording legal in all regions?
No, call recording is only valid in certain regions. There are many areas where the law prohibits call recording. And in some areas, recording calls requires consent from both parties. So the answer may vary depending on the region you are living in. So be sure to check the laws in your area.
How to Record Phone Calls on Samsung
So now you know how to enable and use the call recording feature on Samsung phones. You can use automatic call recording with select filters, and record calls manually. We also shared how to see recorded calls in the storage. The call recording feature must be used ethically and the recorded calls must be used wisely.
Related to Samsung: