TV remotes are important. Whether they are big or small, have few or many buttons, it doesn’t matter. What matters the most is that you can control your TV, adjust settings and interact with the TV with no problem at all. However, things can be a pain when either the remote is broken, missing, or simply no longer available in the market. At least in the case of Smart TVs from Sharp, you can kind of make use of other Sharp Smart TV remotes to work perfectly with your particular Sharp Smart TV, So, today’s guide is a short and simple one on how to program a Sharp TV remote.
Of course, one could simply make use of the Universal Smart Remote controls and get it functioning with the Sharp Smart TV. But, why do that, when you can program almost any Sharp TV remote to function with your Sharp TV! The best part about this whole process is that it is super simple, easy, and doesn’t require you to hunt or look for codes to program the remote to your Sharp Smart TV. Let’s get started.
Steps to Program a Sharp TV Remote
- Connect your Sharp Smart TV to the power source.
- The power switch on the TV can be pressed to switch it on.
- Now, make sure that you have fresh batteries installed into your new Sharp Smart TV remote.
- With the TV remote in your hand, point it towards the TV itself.
- On your TV remote, press and hold the Menu button. The button has three horizontal lines on it.
- Press and hold the button for about three seconds.
- If the pairing has gone successfully, you will see a message on the TV screen stating that the remote has been paired with the TV.
- Or else a message that says Unsuccessful will be displayed on your TV screen.
- In this case, you will have to keep repeating the process, till the successful message appears on your TV.
- Once the pairing has gone right, you can use the remote normally with most of the buttons performing the designated functions.
And this is the simple and easiest way that you can follow to program the Sharp TV remote to your Sharp Smart TV. This method works with most of the Sharp Aquos Smart TV models. About the Sharp Smart TVs that run on Android or Google TV, there is no method to pair these remotes to the TV. These are synced with the TV from the factory itself and are ready to use right out of the box.
More Related Articles: