On iPhone, users can easily end a call by pressing the side button. For some users, it is a super useful feature to quickly end a call. However, it also gets frustrating when you accidentally hit the power button during a phone call. If this happened to you too and you don’t find this accessibility feature useful, then you can easily turn it off your iPhone running on the latest iOS 16, 15, or 14.
iOS 16 obviously boasts a flurry of personalization features but also bags a big list of useful tool. The list includes the ability to prevent the lock to end a call, yes, you can now easily turn off the power button ends call on iPhone.
iPhone’s power button aka side button does many things with incoming calls, the button can silence a call, decline a call with a volume key combination, and end a call. Now if your iPhone is running on iOS 14, 15, or the latest iOS 16, then you can easily prevent end call with the lock button.
Let’s take a look at the steps.
Prevent End Call with Power Button on iPhone
There’s no need to install any third-party app, you can easily turn off the end call with the power button on your iPhone. Here are the steps.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone running iOS 16, 15, or 14.
- Scroll down a bit, then tap Accessibility settings.
- Select Touch inside the Accessibility settings, then scroll down till you find Prevent Lock to End Call. (On iOS 15 or iOS 14, the option is named Lock to End Call, you can turn the toggle on.)
- Turn the toggle on for Prevent Lock to End Call.
- That’s it.
Now there’s no need to worry about the accidental pressing of the power button during a phone call. In case you want to use this feature in the future, then you can simply turn the toggle off inside the accessibility settings. Additionally, you won’t be able to decline an incoming call by pressing the power button twice.
If you still want to know anything about the new prevent lock to end call feature, then you can leave a comment in the comment box.
- How to Change Wallpaper Automatically on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to set different lock screen and home screen wallpaper on iOS 16
- How to unsend and edit messages on iOS 16
- How to Activate an eSIM on iPhone 14 and 14 Pro in the US
- How to Lock Hidden Albums on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Change Notifications Layout on Lock Screen [iOS 16]
- How to Merge and Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to batch edit photos on iPhone [iOS 16]
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone [iOS 16]