Twitter is a very popular social media platform. It lets you add posts that are limited to 280 characters. While it might seem like a limit, it is actually useful and you might have seen a ton of Tweets going viral. Whether it is for news or for memes.
Of course, a Tweet lets you add a gif, video, or even an audio clip. But what if you wanted everyone who visited your profile to look at that one particular Tweet? Well, it’s called a pinned Tweet, and today, we will be taking a look at how to pin any Tweet including someone else’s Tweet on the web as well as the app version of Twitter.
You can pin any Tweet that you make onto your profile or from someone else’s profile. It doesn’t matter if it’s a fresh new tweet or one that you might have posted a number of years back. And the best part of pinning a Tweet? It will take you less than 5 seconds to pin your tweet. Well yea the time required can change depending on the particular Tweet you are looking for and it can take even more time if you are someone that has more than a hundred Tweets. No matter what the Tweet is you can read through this guide to know how you can pin a Tweet to your profile.
How to Pin any Tweet on Twitter
Twitter is mostly used via the web browser or via apps on phones. Either way, we have mentioned the steps on how to pin a Tweet using both methods.
Pin a Tweet via Web
If you are someone that uses Twitter on a PC or a laptop whether it’s powered by Mac or Windows, you can follow the below steps to know how to pin a Tweet.
- Switch on your PC and connect it to the internet.
- Now, launch the web browser that you use for Twitter.
- Make sure to sign in with your account credentials if you haven’t signed in previously.
- Once logged in, click on Profile. You will see it on your left-hand side.
- You will be taken to your profile page. Here is where all your tweets are displayed.
- To pin a Tweet, select the Tweet that you want by clicking on the three horizontal dots at the right corner of the Tweet.
- A menu will pop up. Simply click on the Pin to your Profile option.
- You can now pin the selected tweet to your profile. It will appear at the top, just below your profile section.
- You can unpin the pinned Tweet by clicking on the three dots and selecting the Unpin this Tweet option.
Pin a Tweet via the Mobile app
- Launch the Twitter app on your android or iPhone. Make sure you are running the latest version of the app.
- If you haven’t signed into the app, sign in now.
- Once logged in, tap on your profile icon at the top left corner.
- A sidebar will now open. Tap on Profiles from the sidebar.
- Once you get to your profile screen, choose the Tweet that you wish to pin.
- Next to the Tweet at the top right corner, you will see a three-dot vertical menu. Tap on it.
- Now, choose the Pin to Profile option from the menu.
- The tweet will now be pinned to your profile. You can unpin the tweet by tapping on the three-dot menu and selecting unpin.
How to Pin Someone Else’s Tweet to your Profile
Sometimes, you might want to share a Tweet that was put out by someone else. If you want the tweet to get more reach, you can pin it to your profile. Follow these steps to pin someone else’s Tweet to your profile.
- First, go visit the person’s profile and scroll for the tweet that you wish to pin to your profile.
- Now, you will have to copy the link to the tweet.
- Next, head over to TwTools.eu.
- Next, click on the blue box that says Pin Any Tweet.
- Now, click on Allow Access > Authorize app. This is needed so that TwTools is able to access your profile.
- Once the permissions have been granted, simply paste the link of the tweet that you wish to pin to your profile.
- Now, click on Pin this Tweet. The Tweet has now been pinned to your profile.
And that is how you can pin a Tweet to your Twitter profile. The process, as you might have seen will take you less than 5 seconds to pin up a Tweet. Also, when you pin a Tweet, you will see a label that says Pinned Tweet, It is to let you know that Tweet will always stay on the top until you decide to unpin it. We hope this guide has helped you to know how to pin a Tweet on the Web as well as on Android and iOS devices.