Downloading your favorite apps and streaming them right away on your Smart TV is what everyone would normally do. Well, it’s a simple and easy process, no doubt about that. The Sony range of Smart TVs is one of the best ones out there, Now, they can be a bit pricey depending on the screen size and quality. There are however important features such as screen mirroring available on almost all of their Smart TVs. Today, we will be taking a look at how to screen mirror your Android and Windows PC to the Sony Smart TV.
Screen Mirroring is a simple and easy way that you can use to duplicate your phone’s screen onto your Smart TV wirelessly. Yes! Without any wires. This is done so that you can show off documents, photos, and videos on the bigger screen whether at home, school, or even at the office. Screen mirroring and Casting are two different things. We will, however, be focusing on screen mirroring from your Android or Windows device to the Sony Smart TV.
Sony Smart TV Screen Mirroring
Before we begin, you need to know that the Android range of Sony Smart TVs and the Bravia range of Sony Smart TVs are different. So, we will be first showing you how you can connect these Smart TVs to your WiFi network.
Connect Sony Android / Google Smart TV to WiFi Network
- Switch your Android Sony TV on.
- Press the Home on the remote of the Android TV.
- Now, navigate to the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- The icon will be in the top right corner. Make sure to select it.
- Now, with the Settings menu open the scroll and select the Network and Internet options.
- Under that, you need to switch the WiFi toggle on.
- The TV will begin to look for wifi networks.
- When you spot your wifi network, select it and type in the WiFi password.
- The Sony Android TV is now connected to the WiFi network.
Connect Sony Bravia Smart TV to WiFi Network
- Power up the Bravia Smart TV and grab the TV remote.
- Now, press the Home button on the TV remote.
- Select the Settings option on the screen.
- Now navigate and select the Network option followed by Network Settings.
- With the Network Settings page open, all you need to do is select the Wireless Setup option.
- Your Sony Bravia Smart TV will now begin to search for wireless networks around you.
- When your network is found, select it and enter the password for the network.
- You have now connected your Sony Bravia Smart TV to the WiFi network.
How to Mirror from Android to Sony Smart TV
- Connect your Android device to the same WiFi network.
- Now, on your device, search for the screen mirroring. Wireless display, smart view, or wireless projection options.
- Now, tap on it. Your Android device will begin to scan for wireless displays connected to the network.
- Once you spot your TV in the list, tap on it.
- You will now be able to screen mirror your Android device to the Sony Smart TV.
How to Mirror from PC to Sony Smart TV
- You need to connect your Windows PC to the same WiFi network as the smart TV.
- Now, simply press the Windows and K keys on your keyboard, or you can open quick settings, then click on connect.
- This will bring up the cast menu on your Windows PC.
- Now, your PC will begin to search for wireless displays.
- Simply select your Sony Smart TV from the list.
- You can now screen mirror and cast from your Windows PC.
How to Mirror from iPhone to Sony Smart TV
We have a dedicated guide on how you can mirror iPhone’s screen to the Sony Smart TV, you can check it out by tapping here.
And this is how you can screen mirror from your Android and Windows devices. The process is really simple and should take you a minute or so to connect and screen mirror right away. If you have any queries or doubts regarding screen mirroring to a Sony Smart TV, feel free to leave your questions in the comments below.
More Related Articles: