Overwatch 2 has been around for almost a year and, if you are someone who is just getting over to Overwatch 2 and has been playing Overwatch for a long time, you are required to have your Overwatch accounts merged. Merge your Overwatch accounts? Why even? Well, there is a very simple reason as to why you might want to merge your Overwatch accounts. Let’s get started.
The only reason that you would want to merge your Overwatch accounts is simply to carry over all your progression, stats, achievements, and everything you have unlocked in Overwatch 1 into Overwatch 2. This is good if you are someone who has played Overwatch for a long time and you’ve put in countless hours playing and unlocking things.
However, if you have hardly played the original Overwatch and don’t care much about the progress and unlocked content, you can simply go ahead and play Overwatch 2. But if you want to carry over your progress, follow the methods below.
How To Merge Overwatch Accounts On PC
You can easily merge both your Overwatch accounts easily if you use a PC. Here are the steps:
- On your PC, launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, head over to the Battle.net website and sign in with your Battle.net account.
- Click on your name present at the top right corner.
- Choose Account Settings from the drop-down list that appears.
- Select Connections from the left side of the screen.
- Now, choose the platform you wish to connect with, and finally choose the Connect+ option.
- You will be asked to log in with your profile and complete the connection.
This is how you can merge your Overwatch accounts via battle.net.
How To Merge Overwatch Accounts On Console
Whether you play Overwatch 2 on your Playstation, Xbox, or Nintendo Switch, the process to merge your accounts is simple and quite easy. Here are the steps.
- Launch the Overwatch 2 game on your gaming console.
- A QR code will be display on the screen. Use your smartphone to scan the QR code.
- A code will be displayed on your console. Enter the code into your battle.net account.
- Once this is done, launch the game again and you will see a prompt where you will be asked to confirm the merge. Confirm it and the merge will now be complete.
This concludes the guide on how you can easily merge your Overwatch accounts on PC as well as Consoles. This merger of accounts helps you transfer all your stats, progression, and everything else that you have unlocked in the previous game. If you have questions or queries, feel free to drop them below in the comments section.