Snapchat is a popular social media platform that lets you share images as status updates with your friends. Apart from just adding friends, you can also follow a number of businesses and famous personalities on the platform. You can not only just send snaps to each other, but can also send texts. Now, most of us out there on Snapchat will be having a regular Snapchat profile. But, what if you wanted to create a Public Profile on Snapchat? Well, today’s guide is all about how you can create a Public Profile on Snapchat.
Snapchat is used a lot by influencers, YouTubers, Artists, and Businesses. However, now, anyone creates a Public Profile on Snapchat. Of course, there are conditions that need to be met which we will also be talking about. There are advantages to having a Public Profile on Snapchat as opposed to a regular Snapchat profile. So, if you’re someone that has decided that you need to make a Public Profile on Snapchat, this is the guide for you. Let’s get started.
Before we go about creating a public profile on Snapchat, there are a few things that you will need to follow:
- The person should be of 18 years or older
- Snapchat accounts should be 24 hours older or more.
- Should have at least one friend that follows you and you follow them back
- Agreeing and accepting the Community Guidelines of Snapchat.
How to Create Public Profile on Snapchat
Once you have met the required conditions that have been listed above, you can now go ahead and begin to create your Public Profile on Snapchat. Here are the steps as follows
- First off, make sure you’re running the latest version of Snapchat on your Android or iOS device.
- Now, launch the app and tap on the profile icon at the top left corner.
- Scroll down. You will see an option that says Public Profiles.
- Tap on the Create Public Profile option.
- You will now be seeing a few details of what you can do with a Public Profile on Snapchat.
- Tap on the Get Started button at the bottom of the screen.
- A popup will now display asking if you wish to create a Public Profile. Tap on the Create button.
- It will take a few seconds and now you will be having a Public profile created right away.
- In your Profile Settings screen, you will now see a new option that says My Public Profile.
- When you tap on it, you will be able to see your public profile’s stories, highlights, and even settings for the public profile.
- You can tap on the Settings gear icon to delete your Public Profile as and when you wish to.
- That’s it.
Benefits of a Snapchat Public Profile
With a public profile, your stories will get viewed by a large number of people. You will not be limited to your friends on your Snapchat account. Apart from that, you will also be able to create and share different Lenses of your own. Other Snapchatters who follow you can even make use of your Lenses and share them. Public Profiles on Snapchat allow other people to subscribe to your profile for updates. You can even choose to display the total number of subscribers on your Public Profile.
This is how you can create a Public Profile on Snapchat. Earlier the option to create a public profile was limited only to famous personalities, but now it is available to anyone and everyone. So, are you someone that plans on making a public profile to show off your talents and skills? Let us know your thoughts about Public Profiles and if you think that it is fair enough for literally anyone to make public profiles. Share your thoughts about it in the comments below.