Being able to communicate with friends and other gamers online has become easier than ever. Gone are the days when you were required to be on the same platform as that of your friend to communicate with. With the introduction of Microsoft services such as the Xbox game pass and the introduction of the Xbox app for PC, it has become easier to now join various Xbox parties right from your PC. If you are someone who wants to know how to join Xbox party on PC, read on to know more.
Now, you might say, well, what about Discord? Why would you not want to use it? Well, it can be possible that some of them might not be using Discord. Since being able to communicate via the Xbox party is a better option and is the preferred method to talk to anyone and you can also have your groups chat in. So, if you have Xbox friends but you don’t have an Xbox, here is a guide on how you can join your friend’s Xbox parties.
- The Xbox app for Windows
- Xbox Account
How to Join Xbox Party on PC
Setting up the Xbox App
- First things first, open the Microsoft Store on your Windows PC.
- If you haven’t signed in with a Microsoft Account on your system, now is the time to do so.
- Next, go over to the search bar and type in Xbox
- You will have to download the Xbox app as well as the Xbox Game Bar.
- Most of the Windows PCs will be having these two apps installed beforehand itself.
- But, if you might have deleted them, you can download them again.
- With both the apps downloaded, open them up and log in using your Xbox credentials.
Join an Xbox Party on PC
- Open up the Xbox Games Bar app that you just downloaded.
- On the top of the screen, you will see a bar with various shortcuts.
- Click on the icon that says Xbox Social. The social Widget will now show up to the right of your screen.
- This will display all your Xbox friends and also display if they are playing any game or something.
- Select the friend whose party you wish to join. You can do this by right-clicking the person’s name and selecting Join Party.
- And that is how you join an Xbox party on a PC.
Leave an Xbox Party
Got bored of the party that you are in or just want to switch to another one here is how you can leave an Xbox party. You can leave an Xbox Party on PC by simply clicking the icon that has a rectangle and an arrow shape. It will read leave Party. Once you click it, you will leave the party right away.
Start an Xbox Party
Starting an Xbox party on your PC is pretty simple. Here is how you start one.
- Open the Xbox Game Bar app.
- Make sure that the socials widget is visible. If not, click on the Xbox Social icon from the top bar.
- Now, head over to the Socials Widget and click on the three dots. Select Start a Party from the list of options.
- You can manage who joins the party. Choose between friends joining the party automatically or join on an invite basis only.
So, this is how you can join, leave and start an Xbox party on your Windows PC. This is a simple and very easy process. The whole thing shouldn’t take you more than a minute to be able to join or leave a party. It surely is a good thing to be able to communicate with other PC and Xbox players by using the Xbox app itself. Works best if you have friends added to your Xbox account.
More Related Stuff: