In our last Jailbreak guide, we shared how you can Jailbreak iPhones & iPads using Checkra1n. But our previous guide is limited for Mac and Linux OS. So users with Windows OS were not able to Jailbreak their iPhones with the last method. But now Windows users will be able to Jailbreak iPhones running on iOS 13.4.1 using this guide. Yes, here we will share a method to Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 using Windows PC. It is tested and working fine, but it is a complicated method. Here you get to know how to Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 & iOS 13.4 with Windows OS.
The method that we are going to share is complex then the method we followed for macOS & Linux. Because we will be using the Linux image that will temporarily boot Windows PC to Linux. And without installing it, we can easily Jailbreak our iPhones running on iOS 13.4.1 or iOS 13.4. Also, this will only work for iPhones with A11 chipset (like iPhone X) or lower, it is due to Checkra1n compatibility. In this method, we will also use the same version of Checkra1n 0.10.1 beta that we used in our last guide.
Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 and iOS 13.4 using Windows PC
You might already be aware of the Jailbreak advantages. If not, then Jailbreaking an iPhone allows us to install various restricted modules. We can use different modules to customize our iPhones and to add advanced features. Generally, Jailbreak removes the restriction from iOS that allows us to get new features. One of the main advantages is that we don’t have to wipe data for Jailbreaking iPhones. So if you decide to Jailbreak your iPhone, then go through the below guide.
As this is a long guide, so I will be split the guide into a few short methods. It will help you to easily understand the steps without any confusion. And make sure to follow the steps carefully, or you can brick your iPhone. Let’s start with the prerequisites which contain important points and files you are going to need for Jailbreaking.
- Take a full backup of your iPhone using iTunes or Finder
- Windows PC & USB flash drive
- iPhone running on iOS 13.4.1 or lower (Works on A11 or lower chip)
- Download Rufus tool
- Download Bootra1n Live Linux iSO from Github
- If you reboot your iPhone, you have to Jailbreak again with the same method
Steps to Create a Bootable USB flash drive
If you have installed Windows with a bootable pen drive, then you might already know about this method. But I will advise going through the steps on more time to make sure you are following correct steps.
- Copy the downloaded iso file to your Windows computer.
- Insert the USB flash drive to your PC and run the Rufus tool.
- Format the flash drive if there is any data.
- In Rufus, it will detect the flash drive, and if not, then select the flash drive under the device. Load the iso file in Boot selection (click on select and locate the iso).
- Now click on Start. If it shows pop up, then click Yes > OK > OK.
- Wait for the bootable process, it can take time depending on the computer and flash drive speed.
- After finishing, it will show Ready in green color. Now you can close Rufus.
Must Check | 20 Tips to Improve Battery Life and Maintain Battery Health in iPhone & iPad
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 13.4 using Windows PC
After creating a bootable flash drive, you need to boot into the Linux system. We don’t have to install it, as we only need to boot into Linux. And after booting, we can use Checkra1n in it.
- Boot your Laptop or Desktop into BIOS. For this, you need to press one of the function keys when the company logo appears during boot. The function button varies with companies.
- If you don’t know the exact function key or another key to boot into your computer BIOS, then check it on Google. You will get there.
- When your Computer boot into BIOS, then look for “UEFI: Your flash drive name” under the boot override section. You can find this in any of the section in Bios.
- Press enter after selecting the above UEFI option. It will give an option on the next screen, so choose the (USB safe) option.
- Now it will boot into the Linux command window. Enter the below details one by one.
- void-live login: anon
- Password: voidlinux
- After login enter below command
- sudo checkra1n
- The above command with open Checkra1n on your PC. Now connect your iPhone with your lightning cable. Go to Start and press enter.
- Now select Next, and the device will boot into Recovery mode. Checkra1n will detect the device, and it will ask to boot into DFU mode.
- Follow the given three steps (in Checkra1n), and your phone will boot into DFU mode.
- Once it boots into DFU mode, it will automatically start processing. Wait for the iPhone to reboot.
- You will find Checkra1n on Apps list, so open the Checkra1n. Make sure to connect your phone to the internet.
- Click on Cydia and install it. After installing open Cydia and go to Changes tab and click on Upgrade.
- After upgrading modules, click on Restart SpringBoard.
- On your windows close Checkra1n and enter below command to reboot your PC into Windows.
- sudo shutdown -r now
- If there is any error during Jailbreak, then check out this link.
Now you have successfully Jailbroken your iPhone, and you can start applying different Custom modules and more.
You May Also Like | 20 Awesome iOS 13 Jailbreak Tweaks You Should Try [iPhone & iPad]
So there you have it the complete guide on how to Jailbreak iOS 13.4 using Windows PC. For more Jailbreak and iPhone guides, stay connected to YTECHB. And in case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section below.