If you were waiting for TWRP Recovery for Realme 3 Pro from a long time then your wait is now over. The TWRP Recovery 3.3.1 is now available for Realme 3 Pro, it’s an official build and everything is working fine. So here you will know How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3 Pro & How to Install TWRP on Realme 3.
Realme 3 Pro is a true rival of Redmi Note 7 Pro, but due to the recent arrival of Realme brand, it is way behind in terms of development compared to Redmi phones. But after the Realme 3 Pro launch, many Redmi users have switched to Realme. As the brand is becoming everyone’s favorite, developers have also started showing interest and here is the first result in the form of TWRP Recovery for Realme 3 Pro. This guide is all about Realme 3 modification where you will know how to unlock bootloader and then how to install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3 Pro.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3 Pro
Earlier it was not possible to unlock Realme 3 pro but now the company has released it’s full kernel source. So now you can unlock bootloader using the official methods. Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to perform if you want to change or modify system files on the device. In easier words to root your phone or to install TWRP Recovery/Custom ROMs, you need to first unlock the bootloader. So follow the below steps to simply unlock bootloader officially.
Note: After unlocking bootloader, you will not receive OTA update and Widevine L1 will be replaced with Widevine L3.
- Take a full backup of data as this process is going to erase all the data
- Charge your Phone to at least 50%
- Make sure the device is running on the latest update
- Download Unlock Tool [Download Link update]
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 3 Pro
- Install the Unlock Tool on your phone.
- Open Unlock Tool and click on ‘Start Applying’.
- Read the description and check “I have read and agreed” box.
- Click on ‘Submit Application’. The Application will be sent to the Realme server where officials will check and approve.
- After one hour open the Unlock Tool App and if it shows Review successful then you can move to the next step. If it still in the review then wait & check after some time.
- Once the review is successful click on ‘Start the in-depth test’. The device will automatically boot into fastboot verification screen.
- Connect your Phone to PC via USB cable.
- Download Platform Tools on your PC. Open the platform tools folder and Press Shift + Right click together and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Enter the following command one by one, make sure to wait for a few seconds after the first command
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing unlock
- Press Volume Up key on your phone to unlock the bootloader.
- Once the process is done enter the below command
- That’s it now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your phone.
If you ever changed your mind and want to relock the bootloader then follow the same process. Only at first you need to click on ‘Apply to exit in-depth test’ on the App and in place of fastboot flashing unlock type fastboot flashing lock.
How to Install TWRP on Realme 3 Pro
After successfully unlocking the bootloader you can follow this method to install TWRP recovery on Realme 3 Pro. The TWRP Recovery is now available for Realme 3 Pro, thanks to developers. Let’s begin the process of installing custom recovery.
- Take a full backup of your data on Phone
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Charge your phone to at least 60%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Download TWRP 3.3.1 for Realme 3 Pro
- Download Platform Tools on PC
Steps to Install TWRP on Realme 3 Pro
- Extract the Platform Tools file and open the folder.
- Rename the downloaded TWRP file to twrp.img (twrp-3.3.1-0-RMX1851.img to twrp.img).
- Copy the twrp.img file in Platform tools folder.
- Power off your phone completely.
- Now press & hold Volume Up + Power button together. The device will boot into fastboot mode, now you can release all the buttons.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In platform tools folder, press Shift + Right click (on an empty area) and select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Enter the below command to check if the device is connected properly, it should return some ID
- If the device is connected then enter the below command to install TWRP recovery on your Realme 3 Pro
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- You have now successfully installed twrp on Realme 3 Pro. Disconnect the phone and long press Power button to switch off the phone.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot into TWRP recovery.
So this was a step by step guide to install TWRP on Realme 3 Pro. TWRP Recovery is used for modifications like rooting, installing Custom ROM, Custom Kernels, Formatting, Partitioning and more. TWRP is a very useful tool nowadays if you want to modify your device according to your choice.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme 3 & 3 Pro
There you have it the complete guide to unlock bootloader and install TWRP on Realme 3 Pro. As soon as the official TWRP goes live we will update the TWRP link to download official TWRP recovery. Enjoy!