The stable One UI 6 update is finally here. Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra start receiving Android 14 based One UI 6. The update is gradually rolling out to all users in all regions. If you don’t know how to get and install Android 14 based One UI 6 on Galaxy S23, then this guide is for you. You can follow this guide to install One UI 6 immediately even if its not available in your region yet.
One UI 6 comes with a bunch of new features that include new Quick panel, improved animation, more customization, better animation and more. We have shared each One UI 6 details separately which you can check on this page.
There are number of reasons to install the update as soon as it is available. Galaxy phones didn’t receive exciting update for a long time and that’s more reason to be excited for the major Android 14 update. Luckily Galaxy S23 users don’t have to wait any longer since the stable One UI 6 update is rolling out for them.
How to update Galaxy S23 to One UI 6 [from Settings]
Since the stable One UI 6 is now rolling out, many users have received the update. Sometimes the update notification doesn’t appear. And so you may think the update is not available on your phone yet, even though it is available. Here’s what you need to do:
- Connect your Galaxy S23 to Internet with Wifi or Carrier network. Also ensure at least 5GB of data is free on your device.
- Now open Settings on your Phone.
- Look for Software Update setting which will be at the last. Go to Software Update > Download and Install.
- It will look for available updates, if not refresh the page.
- If the One UI 6 is available on your device, it will appear.
- You can then download and install the One UI 6 on your Galaxy S23.
How to Manually Update Galaxy S23 to One UI 6 (Sideload Firmware)
Since the update is rolling out in batches, it is possible that some users get the update late. And if you don’t want to wait for long, you can always try the manual sideloading which will upgrade your device instantly. It also works if you rooted your phone and no longer receiving official updates.
This is not an easy process, so make sure to follow every steps carefully. And also take backup of your device.
Download One UI 6 Firmware for Galaxy S23
For this method you will need the correct firmware that you need to flash on your device. When checking for correct firmware there are various things to keep in mind. First check the firmware is based on One UI 6, check the firmware is for your model only, and also check the firmware for your region. Yes, Firmware are different for different regions.
There are some tools from where you can download firmware for example Samsung Firmware downloader. And also there are some trusted websites that upload firmware like samfrew, sammobile, etc.
To lookup latest firmware for your phone, you need to know your device model, CSC which is code for your region.
Enter Galaxy S23 into Download Mode
- First download the Odin tool on your PC. Also install the latest Samsung drivers.
- Next extract the downloaded Odin zip file and run Odin.exe.
- Now power off your Galaxy S23. Then connect one end of your USB cable to your PC.
- On your phone, Press and hold Volume Up and Down buttons together. And while holding both keys, insert the other end of USB cable into your phone.
- Release both buttons when you see a Warning screen. Now press Volume Up button once and your Galaxy S23 will boot into Download Mode.
Flash Android 14 firmware on Galaxy S23
- After booting your Galaxy S23 into Download mode, Odin tool will detect the phone when its connected to PC with USB C cable.
- Now extract the downloaded firmware on your PC. The extracted folder will include AP, BL, CP, CSC, and Home_CSC files..
- In the Odin tool, tap the AP button and load the AP file from the extracted folder.
- Follow the same process for BL and CP files. And in CSC load Home_CSC file (This is important otherwise you will lose all your data). Home_CSC will keep your data while choosing CSC will install fresh OS.
- Check out everything again and make sure everything is correct and then click the Start button.
- The flashing process will now start and you can see the progress in the Odin tool and Download Mode as well.
- Once the firmware flashing completes, you will see the Pass message.
- Your phone will Auto Reboot to the system after flashing. If not then reboot manually by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for some time.
- Now you can enjoy the latest Android 14 and One UI 6 on your Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra.
So that’s all you have to follow to manually install One UI 6 on Galaxy S23 even if you have not received the update yet. This guide will help you with upcoming updates as well.
If you find the OTA zip, you can also install it from Stock recovery to update your phone immediately. But getting OTA files is not easy.
One UI 6 is a big update and comes with many new features. After update you can enjoy new features on your Galaxy S23 series.