Xiaomi has finally announced the much awaited MIUI 12 for its phones. The fan following of MIUI is large because, along with good performance, it also provides Customization functions like themes. With every major update, the MIUI is improving, and the MIUI 12 packs with amazing features that MIUI users were missing on older MIUI. The MIUI 12 China Beta ROM is already available, and you can install it on your Xiaomi phone right away. Here you will get to know How to Install MIUI 12 Beta on Xiaomi Phones along with a guide to Install Google Services.
Latest MIUI 12 packs with features like cleaner UI, stock navigation gestures, floating chat screen, AI calling, Dynamic Wallpapers, and many other features. The beta enrollment already begins in China, but if you want the MIUI 12 immediately or you are from a different region, then this guide is for you. This method will work for everyone, irrespective of the region. However, only the MIUI 12 China beta is available, so Google Services will not be accessible by default. But don’t worry we got you covered, we will also share the method to install Google Play Store and other services on the MIUI 12 China Beta ROM.
One of the reasons that I like Xiaomi phones is custom development. It is the only brand that receives a lot of custom development like Custom ROMs, Custom Recovery, from many known developers. And this makes the installation of the latest updates easier. So if you want to test the MIUI 12 before other, then check out the guide to install MIUI 12 Beta on any Xiaomi Phones.
Download MIUI 12 Beta ROM for Xiaomi Phones
The MIUI 12 is now available in China as a beta update. And luckily, the download file is also available for most of the popular Xiaomi Phones. It means you can directly install MIUI 12 on your phone without entering in Beta program. Since it is only available in China right now, you need to install the ROM through a custom recovery. MIUI 12 Beta ROM is now available for Xiaomi phones like Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 8 Pro, Mi CC9, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Note 7 Pro and others. You can download the MIUI 12 Beta ROM for your phone using the links given below.
- Mi 10 Pro – Download
- Mi 10 – Download
- Mi 9T Pro – Download
- Mi 9T – Download
- Mi 9 Pro – Download
- Mi 9 – Download
- Mi 9 Lite – Download
- Mi 9 SE – Download
- Mi 8 Pro – Download
- Mi 8 – Download
- Mi 8 Lite – Download
- Mi 8 Explorer – Download
- Mi 6 – Download
- Mi 6X – Download
- Mi CC9 Pro – Download
- Mi CC9 – Download
- Mi CC9 Meitu Edition – Download
- Mi Max 3 – Download
- Mi Mix 3 – Download
- Mi Mix 2 – Download
- Mi Mix 2S – Download
- Mi Note 10 – Download
- Mi Note 3 – Download
- Poco X2 – Download
- Redmi K30 5G – Download
- Redmi K30 – Download
- Redmi K20 Pro – Download
- Redmi K20 – Download
- Redmi Note 8 Pro – Download
- Redmi Note 7 Pro – Download
- Redmi Note 7 & 7S – Download
- Redmi Note 5 & 5 Pro – Download
If you are checking this article when the MIUI 12 is available globally, then also this guide will work, you just need the correct file. And as this is an MIUI 12 China Beta ROM, then you need to install Google Mobile Services manually after installing the Beta ROM. Before moving to the steps, make sure to go through the requirements list.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- A custom recovery must be installed on your Xiaomi phone
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Download MIUI 12 Beta ROM for your phone
Steps to Install MIUI 12 Beta on Xiaomi Phones
Installing the MIUI 12 Beta is not possible from SD card or Stock Recovery, so you need a custom recovery. And as we already know, the custom development for Xiaomi phones are better than other brand devices, and there will be no problem on getting TWRP for your Xiaomi phone. And once you have the custom recovery on your phone, follow the below steps.
- First, copy the downloaded MIUI 12 Beta ROM on your phone.
- Take a backup of your phone and then turn off your phone.
- Now press & hold Volume Up + Power button together. Release both buttons when you see the Recovery logo.
- In Custom Recovery like TWRP, go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Select the Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Cache, and System.
- Then swipe the slider to delete selected items.
- After the complete Wipe, go back to TWRP home and now go to Install.
- Locate and select the MIUI 12 Beta ROM zip file.
- Now swipe the slider to flash the ROM on your phone.
- It will take some time to flash, so wait, and after completion, click on Reboot System.
- The device will boot into the system with MIUI 12 setup.
Setup your device and enjoy the latest MIUI 12 ROM on your phone. In case if you want to go back to the default stable MIUI, then you can flash the stable zip file by following the same process. And if you have installed a China ROM that doesn’t come with Google Mobile Services like Google Play Store, and other Google Apps. Then you can follow the below steps to install GMS.
Must Check | 15 Best MIUI Themes That Look Amazing
How to Install Google Services on MIUI 12 China Beta ROM
Installing Google Mobile Services on China ROM is easy, but still you need to follow the steps carefully. So let’s start the guide to install Google Play Store and other services.
- Open GetApps on your phone, which is a Mi App store. Agree to its terms and conditions.
- Now in the store search ‘Google’ and it will list some apps.
- Go the last of the search, and there you will find a small Green icon with Chinese text.
- Click on the Green icon, and it will now show the Google Play Store.
- Then click on the Get button to install the Google Play Store.
- After installing the Google Play Store, open it. And then click on the Blue button, and it will scan for other Google services.
- It will prompt for authorization, so click on Always allow or Allow once.
- Then Install the app and follow the 7 and 8 steps in the loop until all the necessary Google Apps are installed.
That’s it, and now you can access Google Play Store and other Google Mobile Services, usually like the Global variant. You can follow the same process on any MIUI china beta ROM to get GMS on your phone.
So there you have it the complete guide on how to install MIUI 12 China Beta ROM along with a guide to install Google Mobile Services. If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below.