You all must be familiar with the Kali OS which is build in a secure environment. And it is used for most of the coding and ethical hacking purposes. Kali is one of the top Linux distributions, especially for penetration testing. And luckily it is available in the form of custom ROM for Android phones. The latest Kali 2020 ROM is now available. If you like Kali Linux and have been operating it on your pc, then here is the chance to get it on your phone too. Here you will get to know how to install Kali NetHunter on Android phones.
Imagine everything that you can do on your phone with the Kali OS. Well, not everything that you can do on your computer but most of the features will be available like command terminal/shell and other useful features. You can install it on any Android phone that has either root privilege or not. Yes, you can install it on any Android phone. But in both cases, you need to have a phone with an unlocked bootloader. Many brands do not allow unlocking bootloader like Vivo, Oppo, Nokia, it means you can’t install Kali OS on these phones.
Using Kali and its command shell is a lot of fun if you are into ethical hacking and now it’s in your pocket and easy to carry. There are some interesting features that we get using shell and the module is hacking into a WiFi. Yes, you can do it on Kali os but only for testing and ethical purpose. There are two ways to get the Kali OS on your Android phone.
How to Install Kali NetHunter on Android Phones
As we mentioned earlier that we can install the Kali OS on Android Phones with root access or without root access. But it requires unlocked bootloader and if you have a phone with bootloader unlocked then this guide is for you. We will share the guide to install Kali on a rooted phone as it is much easier. And for a non-root device, I will suggest following a YouTube video which will be easy. Before following the steps, first download the ROM from the below section.
In case if you want to install Kali Nethunter OS on your phone without root then you can visit this link for step by step video tutorials.
Download Kali NetHunter ROM for Android Phones
Kali OS is also available in the form of custom ROM for some devices that you can download from XDA. You can directly flash the custom ROM via TWRP recovery so we will be sharing the different methods. The guide that we are going to share requires root access but it is much easier and you can understand the steps easily. If you don’t know how to root your phone then you can search your device model on our site and you will get the root guide. Below you will find the links for the files that you are going to need to install Kali Nethunter on your phone.
After downloading the file you are ready to install the ROM on your device. Below we will mention the list of requirements that you are going to need for this guide.
- Take a full backup before you begin the process
- Your phone should have root access
- Magisk should be installed
- Download Magisk Manager APK
Install Kali ROM on Android Phones
If you are going through this method then I guess you have root access on your phone. And most probably the Magisk is installed but if not then flash the Magisk zip and install the Magisk Manager.
- Install the Magisk Manager app on your phone if not installed.
- Copy the KaliNetHunter zip file and Kalifs-full.tar.xz file to your phone storage.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and follow the below steps.
- Click on three bars on the top left and it will open Menu.
- Go to Modules and then click on the ‘+’ icon, locate the KaliNethunter zip file.
- It will start flashing the Kali ROM on your phone and after that tap on Reboot.
- After reboot, you will see three apps (Netunter, Term-nh, VNC-nh).
- Open the NetHunter app, tap on three bars on the left side and open Kali Chroot Manager.
- Then tap on Kali chroot > Use SD card > Full Chroot. It will detect the Kali full OS file (Kalifs-full.tar.xz), it can take some time, so wait for the next screen to appear.
- It will ask to select metapackages so select kali-linux, kali-linux-full, kali-linux-all, kali-linux-nethunter. You can also select other metapackages if you want and then tap on ‘Install and Update.’
- That’s it, now the KaliHunter is now installed on your phone.
This guide is for the users who have root privilege on their phones. There are many advantages of using Kali Nethunter especially if you are learning ethical hacking for your career. Kali Nethunter also has its own integrated Apps store where you will find a lot of useful apps.
So there you have it, the guide on How to install Kali Nethunter on any Android phone. If you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section below and we will help you with the answer.