Microsoft is currently testing the Windows 11 OS in the developer preview channel. And the recent Windows 11 cumulative update brings the Teams integration on the taskbar. In the Windows event, Microsoft mentioned the Teams chat integration feature but it was not available in the first three Windows 11 Developer preview updates. And now that it is available, users who don’t use Microsoft Teams will like to remove it from Windows 11 Taskbar. Here you will know how to disable or hide Teams Chat from Taskbar in Windows 11.
The Microsoft Teams chat integrated into the Taskbar allows for a seamless chat interface for easier interaction with your friends or colleagues. In just one click you will have access to reply to recent chats and also to use Meet. You can send inline replies to any Teams notification with a new improved native interface. Overall the Microsoft Teams is improved to match the new Windows 11 aesthetic.
Microsoft Teams is mostly used in Corporates and Businesses to easily get in contact with customers or colleagues. So many users will like this new Teams integration in the taskbar, while students and other users may not benefit from it. So if it’s not useful for you and you want to remove Teams from Taskbar in Windows 10 then here you will know how to do it.
You can either hide the Microsoft Teams Chat from the taskbar or directly uninstall it to remove the icon from the taskbar. We will share both methods here.
How to Hide Microsoft Teams from Taskbar in Windows 11
This method is helpful if you want to keep the Teams for later use, but don’t want to keep it in the taskbar. It is quite easy to hide the new Microsoft Chat icon from the taskbar. There are two ways to hide or remove Teams chat icon.
- Power on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now right click on the Microsoft Teams Chat icon.
- You will get only one option and that is to Hide from Taskbar. Click on it.
- It will then remove the Teams Chat icon from your Taskbar.
- Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now navigate to Personalization > Taskbar.
- Under Taskbar you will find different options, look for Taskbar items.
- Turn off the toggle next to Chat.
- It will remove the Teams Chat icon from Taskbar.
You can still use the Teams Chat on your PC whenever you need. This will only hide Teams Chat from the Taskbar.
How to Uninstall Teams Chat from Taskbar in Windows 11
In case you don’t have any use of Teams Chat and want to remove it completely from your PC then you can uninstall it. You must be aware of the common process to uninstall apps on Windows 11 but there is also an easy way to uninstall it which we are going to share in this guide. Let’s start with the first and easy method.
- On your Windows 11 PC, click on Start Menu.
- Now in the start menu you will find the Teams Chat in the Recommended section, right click on it. If not you can also look for it in the Pinned section or All Apps section.
- Now from options click Uninstall to remove the Chats app from your PC as well as Taskbar.
- It will now disappear from the Taskbar.
- It is an easy method, but it may appear in the Recommended section if you have opened it earlier. So if it doesn’t appear in recommended try opening it and proceed again with the given steps.
- Open Settings on your Windows 11 PC. You can either search for it, or open it through the Start Menu.
- Now from the left pane, go to Apps > Apps & features.
- It will list all the installed applications. It can take time to show all apps.
- Now look for a Teams application and click on three dots.
- Then select Uninstall to remove the Teams Chat application and icon from Taskbar.
It is the common method for uninstalling any apps from Windows 11. So if you want to remove any other app, you can follow the same steps.
So this is the guide on how to hide Chats app from Taskbar in Windows 11. In case if you have any queries, let us know in the comment section.