Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL just launched a few days back. And Pixel 3 XL comes with a huge notch on the top. So if you don’t like the notch here is the guide on How to Hide Notch on Google Pixel 3 XL.
The Pixel 3 leaks have been on the internet months before the launch. Everyone was expecting that Google will never launch a phone with notch even if they will, there be another phone which will be the main attraction of the launch. But guess what nothing that happened they have launched the same phones that have been leaked. In my opinion, only the notch is the only part that some people doesn’t like in Google Pixel 3 XL.
Although Google Pixel 3 XL is a good phone and Pixel 3 which does not have notch is also a good phone. The main feature of the Google phones that has been going on through the start is the camera. And Google has nailed it on the Pixel 3 phones too. But only disappointment from Google is that they copied the concept that most of the company is focusing on. They could have done some unique work other than the notch. There is an option to hide notch on Google Pixel 3 XL, but it is a hidden feature so you may need to read the guide. Let’s see how to hide or disable Google Pixel 3 XL notch.
How to Hide Notch on Google Pixel 3 XL
The notch hide feature comes inbuilt in the Google Pixel 3 XL but you may not find it on the settings because it’s a hidden feature. I don’t know why they kept it hidden, but it is. Here you will get to disable the notch on Google Pixel 3 XL. It will take just one minute of your time to follow the guide to hide the notch.
- Open settings on your Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Then Go to System > About Phone.
- Scroll down at last and continuously click seven-time on build number.
- This process will enable the developer option.
- Now go back to system settings and click on Developer Option.
- Scroll down until you find Hardware accelerated rendering section in developer option.
- Just above hardware accelerated rendering you will see an option “Display cutout“.
- Click on Display cutout and select Hide.
- That’s it! this will shift down the notification panel and hide the notch.
This will eat some of the screen space but worth giving a shot if you don’t like the notch. However, we can see some improvement in hiding notch feature in upcoming software updates. But right now you need to go with this option only.
How to Hide Notch on Google Pixel 3 XL [Using App]
Download any of the mentioned apps and then follow their tutorial to hide notch on Google Pixel 3 XL.
Google Pixel 3 XL Specifications
If you want to know more about Google Pixel 3 XL here are its specifications.
- 6.3-inch (1440×2960) P-OLED display with notch
- Corning gorilla glass 5 screen protection
- Android Pie OS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64/128 GB Storage
- 12.2MP (f/1.8) rear camera with OIS
- Dual 8MP + 8MP front camera
- USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, wireless charging
- 3430mAh Battery.
So this was a quick guide on how to hide notch on Google Pixel 3 XL. If you have any issues hiding the notch then make sure to reach out to use using facebook.
Related to Pixel 3: