Comcast, as you know is a popular cable tv provider as well as an internet service provider. Apart from these two services, the network also provides users with an option to install a streaming app called Xfinity Comcast Stream. This is an app that lets you watch a number of TV shows, and movies and access a number of other streaming services. The service is available for users to stream on their PC, mobile devices, and smart TVs, not to forget, streaming sticks and boxes. So, if you are someone that has just picked up an Apple TV and wants to know how you can get the Xfinity Stream app on it, you’ve come to the right place.
Now, you need to understand that the Xfinity Streaming app is available only to customers of the Xfinity Internet + TV. So, if you do not have Xfinity Internet, you might want to get the service in order to enjoy the Xfinity Streaming app. The streaming app also lets you watch your DVR recording on the streaming app. So, if you want to know how to install Xfinity Stream app on Apple TV, read on.
How to watch Xfinity Stream on Apple TV
Before we take a look at setting up and installing the Xfinity Streaming app, we first need to look at a few things that are necessary to go ahead with the steps.
Supported Apple TVs
These are Apple TV devices on that you can install the Xfinity Stream app.
- Apple TV HD 2015
- Apple TV 4K 2017
- Apple TV 4K 2021
Install Xfinity Stream app
Now, that you have the necessary items as well as know that you have a supported Apple TV device, it’s time to get the Xfinity Stream app setup.
- Power up your Apple TV and make sure that you have signed in with an Apple ID as well as have it connected to the Wifi network.
- Using the remote, navigate and launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Now, search for the Xfinity Stream app. When you find the app, select the Get button to install the app on your TV.
- Close the App Store and you will see the Xfinity Stream app on your TV’s home screen.
Setup Xfinity Stream app
In these steps, we will now guide you on how to activate and set up the Xfinity Stream app.
- Launch the Xfinity Stream app on your Apple TV.
- The app will now display an Activate screen. You can activate this by launching the Xfinity Stream app and scanning the QR code displayed.
- Tap Continue on your mobile device.
- You will now be asked to sign in with your Xfinity ID.
- The app will display a success message. Now, you can browse through the Xfinity Stream app on your Apple TV.
- You can browse through the app to watch your TV Shows, Movies, or Live TV Channels.
And this is how you can watch Xfinity Stream on your Apple TV. In fact, you can follow the same setup method to stream Xfinity Stream on any other devices that the service supports such as your Android Smart TVs and streaming services like Amazon Firesticks, Roku streaming Sticks, LG Smart TVs, etc. If you have doubts or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below.