Windows 11 is finally here! After months of undergoing beta testing in Windows Insider channels. It is now available to the public to download. The Windows 11 rollout to the public already started in some regions. It means you can also get hands on Windows 11 right now. Microsoft stated the eligible users will get the update by mid 2022. And as no one wants to wait for their turn, here we are with a guide on how to get stable Windows 11 right now.
Windows 11 brings in a lot of visual changes such as rounded corners, a new Start Menu, a Taskbar, and even a revamped Settings menu. Now yes there are a lot of changes in terms of performance such as Direct Storage which will help games load faster. Since its available for the public, here are a few ways that you can follow to download Windows 11 and update your PC to Windows 11 Stable build.
Before we go ahead with how to download the Windows 11 update, you need to be sure of the system requirements for the new OS. Microsoft has this time, put out a system requirements list that has left everyone confused and angered. So many systems that are easily capable of running Windows 11 are not eligible at all.
Microsoft later stated that users with an unsupported device can also install the update (if TPM 2.0 and Secure boot are enabled). You can also bypass the TPM required following this guide. Luckily Microsoft has also released the ISO of the stable build which means you can manually install Windows 11 right away. Read on to know how you can download the all-new Windows 11 update for your PC.
How to Get Windows 11 on your PC Right Now
There are three official ways that you can use to download the new Windows 11 update on your PC. Of course, you could wait for the update to show in the Windows Update of your system, but if you want the new OS up and running right away, then you can follow these methods.
Install Windows 11 via Installation Assistant
Microsoft released Windows 11 installation Assistant, a program that downloads the latest update available and helps you install the update on your system right away. This is a very handy tool to use when the Windows Update service on your system might not be working properly or just has some issues. It works for devices with eligible hardware, so make sure to check if your device is eligible for Windows 11 upgrade using the PC Health Check app.
Note: Before the upgrade, make sure to back up your important data or move to a different drive where Windows is not installed.
- First things first, you will need to download the Windows 11 installation Assistant. You can download it from here.
- With the program downloaded, simply run the program.
- It will now check to see if your system is compatible with the new OS, if it does it will proceed and display the license terms.
- You will need to agree to the terms by clicking Accept and Install.
- The program will now begin to download the new Windows 11 update.
- Once it has completed the download, it will now ask you to restart the system.
- As and when you restart the system, the installation process for Windows 11 will begin.
- Depending on your system the installation time can vary.
- During the installation process, the system will restart a few times and it is normal.
- Don’t turn off your system during the upgrade to Windows 11.
Windows 11 Installation Media to Install Windows 11
The Windows 11 Installation Media tool from Microsoft is useful when you might want to create a bootable USB drive or even create a DVD with Windows 11. This tool is more useful when you want to download Windows 11 for another PC. This is a simple and easy method to use.
- Download the Media Creation Tool. It is small in size and free to download.
- Now, run the Media Tool as an Administrator.
- It will ask you to agree to the license terms of Windows 11. Click on the Accept button.
- On the next page of the tool, select the Create Media Installation for another PC and then click on Next.
- You will have to choose the language of the OS and the architecture of the OS as 64-bit.
- Next you can choose between creating a USB Flash drive or a DVD media tool. The file will now begin to download. Make sure that your USB Drive/DVD has a minimum of 8GB storage.
- Now that you have everything ready, you will now have to make changes to your BIOS settings.
- You will have to press a dedicated key to be able to access the BIOS. It could be the F2 or F8 key and can vary from system to system.
- Make sure that your USB Drive is plugged in or your DVD is in the disk drive of your system.
- In the BIOS menu, you will have to change the order of the boot by moving the USB or DVD option to the top.
- With the boot order set, now shut down your system.
- Power up your system and you should now be booted into the Windows 11 setup screen.
- You can now proceed with the installation of Windows 11 right away.
Install Windows 11 with official ISO File
This is going to be the method used by a lot of people who would install Windows 11 on incompatible PCs. Since it doesn’t check if you have a compatible system, you can simply make use of this method.
- First things first, download the ISO file for Windows 11 from here.
- Once it has been downloaded, you can create a bootable USB Drive. You can follow this guide to create a bootable Windows 11 USB Drive.
- If you want, you can also download the ISO and create a virtual disk on your system.
- All you need to do is right-click on the ISO file and select the Mount option.
- You will find the Windows 11 disk drive in your File Explorer right away.
- Simply open the drive and click on the setup.exe file.
- You will now be able, to begin with, the installation of Windows 11 right away.
These are the three ways that you can use to install Windows 11 onto your PC right away. Out of these three methods, which one do you find the best? And, are you ready to download Windows 11 right away or wait for some time? Do let us know in the comments below.
Windows 11 Guide: