You are using the Chrome browser from a years ago and used to it. But, suddenly Google has released an Update V. 69 with new UI Layout. For some people, it is difficult to use it on daily basis, so Here’s the way to Get Old Chrome UI Back.
Like or not! But Google loves to release the new Material Design for Chrome users. There are a lot of other things comes with the V. 69 update like The New Material Design Theme, Updated Password manager, smart answers and much more. Well, the material design has tested on Chrome Canary from last 3 months and finally released to the public. However, I personally like this material design, because I am using this for the last few months. As a loyal user who detests the new UI, some of them hate it when they saw it first.
There are so many reasons why the loyal or old users didn’t like the updated material design, the most common reason is we are used to the old UI and using it very fast, but as the material design changes it now takes time to make used to it again. It will change the entire looks and UI (User Interface) of the browser which looks interesting and gives the minimal performance. Although there’s a way to revert back to the old iconic style UI on Chrome. So, If you hate the new material design theme or UI. Then, You can easily Get Old Chrome UI back.
How to Get Old Chrome UI Back
Note: There’s no need to install any third-party extension or downgrade the browser. There’s an official way available by which you can officially get old UI back with few steps. I am using Chrome Flags to revert back from the new material design to the older one. So follow the step by step method.
- After updating your Google Chrome to V. 69 your UI gets changed.
- Now, Open the experimentation settings on your Chrome Browser (under Chrome Flags). By entering this code into the address bar “Chrome://flags”.Advertisement
- Under Chrome://flags, search for “top-chrome-md“, which will show the option to change the UI Layout for the Browser’s top chrome. Here, You can get the old chrome UI back.
- Under UI Layout for the Browser’s top, click on the drop-down menu, here you need to change the Default UI to the Normal. Which will revert back the Old look on Chrome.
- It will ask you to relaunch the browser, click on it and It will relaunch the browser with the old iconic look (UI) on Google Chrome.
- That’s it.
You can again follow these steps if you want to get the new material design back again on your chrome browser. Well, this is the simplest and the official way by which you can use the iconic User Interface.
You May Like This – 8 Best Google Chrome Alternatives
If you have any queries regarding this let me know in the comment section.
I know that you’re reading this article because you hate the new Chrome UI, but at least try the new UI for 4-5 days. There are some possibilities after using it, you may like the update. If still not, Then use this method to get old chrome UI back.
Read More about Google Chrome –