Discovery Plus is a great streaming service that lets you watch a ton of tv shows based on non-fiction and real-life events. There are shows on various topics such as science and technology, food, travel, sports, and nature. The streaming service hosts around 600,000 shows and a good number of Discovery+ original series exclusive only to the streaming service. While the streaming service has been made available on many platforms, it has recently made its way over to Vizio Smart TVs. So, let’s take a look at how you can download Discovery Plus on a Vizio Smart TV.
Vizio’s range of smart TVs runs on an in-house OS, hence one could imagine the time it took to get the app working for Vizio’s lineup of TVs. However, now that the app is here, Vizio TV owners can now enjoy streaming their favorite shows right away. Discovery+ comes with a free 7-day trial which you can use to see if the service is perfect for you. So, if you feel like it’s a good service, then you can choose from the two available plans. The base plan starts at $4.99 a month and the no ads plan starts at $6.99 a month. Now, let’s take a look at how to download the Discovery Plus app on your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Download Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TV
Now, Vizio has a good range of TVs in its lineup. However, not all TVs will be supported by the Discovery Plus app. So, the only TVs from Vizio that support the Disocvery+ app are the ones released in 2017 and later. But, that doesn’t mean you cannot stream Discovery+ on polder Vizio TVs. There is a way to stream it on such TVs and we will be taking a look at that as well.
Install Discovery Plus on Vizio Smart TVs – 2017 and newer
- First off, power up your Vizio Smart TV and grab the TV remote for it.
- Now, ensure that your Vizio Smart TV is connected to a working internet connection.
- Using the TV remote, press the Home button.
- You will be taken over to the home screen of your Vizio TV.
- Using the navigation buttons on your Vizio TV Remote, navigate and select the search bar that you see at the top of the screen.
- Now, type in Discovery Plus onto the search bar.
- Within a few seconds, you will see the related search results on your screen. Simply navigate to and select the Discovery+ app.
- The app will now be downloaded to your Vizio Smart TV.
- Simply launch the app from your home screen and sign in with your Disocvery+ account.
Stream Discovery Plus on Unsupported Vizio Smart TVs (2016 and older)
Now, if you have an older Vizio Smart TV that does not support the Discovery+ app, you can still stream content. Provided that your Vizio TV has Apple AirPlay or is able to cast from Android devices, you can easily stream content from your phone onto the big screen. Here is how.
- First, connect your Android or iOS device and your Vizio Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Now, download the Discovery Plus app either on your Android or iOS device. It is a free download.
- Once the app has been downloaded, sign in or create your account on the Discovery+ app. You can also make use of the free trial that is available.
- With the app set up and ready, simply tap on the cast icon at the top of the app.
- Once you find your Vizio Smart TV in the list, tap on it.
- When you see the app on your TV screen, you simply stream your favorite shows right away and watch them on the big screen.
And this is how you can stream and watch Discovery+ content on your Vizio Smart TV. Whether you have an older or a newer Vizio Smart TV, you will be able to enjoy all of your favorite shows on the big screen. In case you have a Vizio TV (older model) that has no WiFi or if the WiFi doesn’t seem to be working, you can easily connect streaming devices such as the Amazon FireTV Stick, Roku Streaming Stick, Google Chromecast, or even an Apple TV. All these devices support the Discovery Plus app and let you watch it on any TV with an HDMI input port. If you have any queries, feel free to leave them in the comments below.