Vizio Smart TVs are popular simply because of the price to features ratio. Sure, there are a number of other Smart TVs that are loaded with features but come at a high price tag. With Vizio, you will be bael to purchase a TV without having to worry about the price tag burning a big hole in your pocket. Now, Smart TVs have become a must need living room device that is used to watch all of your favorite shows and TV via your streaming apps. But, what is to be done when something actually goes wrong? Well, today we will be taking a look at how you can fix Vizio TV menu not working issue.
The worst part about your TV malfunctioning is when the menu simply does not work. It can sometimes be a headache, especially when you might want to check for updates, adjust a few settings, or anything else that requires you to access the menu option on your TV. In such cases, it can be frustrating. However, we do have a number of troubleshooting methods that you can follow to fix the Menu not working on a Vizio Smart TV.
Fix Vizio TV Menu Not Working
There could be many reasons why the menu might not be displayed. First, it could be that there is a bug that is causing this issue and the TV requires to be updated in order to fix this issue. The other reason why this issue could occur is probably that you installed a new software update and now that very same update seems to be creating problems for the menu and prevents it from being displayed.
Power Cycle the Vizio Smart TV
Now, if you feel that this is a bug that has suddenly started causing this issue and not because of any software update, the best you can do is to shut the TV down. Follow these steps.
- First, switch your Vizio TV off by pressing the power button on your TV remote.
- Now, disconnect the TV from its power source by unplugging it.
- Leave the TV unplugged for a few minutes. Anything between two to four minutes should be a good buffer time.
- Once the wait time has been completed, plug the TV back in and now try to access the menu.
- You should be able to easily access and even display the menu on your Vizio Smart TV.
- If you still are not able to get the Menu to work on your Vizio Smart TV, you might have to perform a factory reset on your TV.
Factory Reset Vizio Smart TV
You might now ask, but how am I supposed to factory reset the Vizio Smart TV, if I simply cannot display the menu on my Vizio Smart TV? Well, there is a way that you can follow to factory reset your Vizio Smart TV! Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Power up the Vizio Smart TV. You can either press the power button on your remote or simply press the button present on the TV.
- Now, you need to press and hold the Input as well as the Volume Down button present on the TV.
- Keep both the buttons pressed for about 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds, you should be seeing a screen on your TV.
- The screen will now display the Factory Reset options.
- Press and hold the Input button on your TV while the message is still being displayed.
- In a few seconds, the TV will begin to perform the factory reset right away.
- The reset process should take a few minutes to be completed.
- Once completed, you will have to go again through the one-time setup process.
- With all the initial setup done, now you should be able to access the Menu right away without any problem.
And this is how you can fix the Vizio Smart TV menu not working or displaying on the screen. We hope that the two methods mentioned above have helped fix the issue. If you feel that the issue has not been fixed, the best you will have to do is to ring up customer care for your Vizio Smart TV and have them get it serviced. You would be able to get it done for free if your TV is still within its warranty period. Have you faced such an issue? If so, do let us know your experience and what you did to get the menu to work again on your Vizio Smart TV.