The Amazon Firestick is a great plug-in device that makes any TV into an, even more, smarter TV. Firestick lets you install and stream various streaming services right away. And since it can connect to the internet, it simply gets even better. You can access tons of free and paid services right away. While all of that is good, there will always be some sort of issue, as you would expect with so many devices out there.
One of the most common issues a lot of people seem to be facing with their Amazon Firestick is that the home screen refuses to load. This can be a problem since the home screen is how you would interact with the Firestick. When the basic functionality of the Firestick refuses to work, it can only become a major headache for the user. So, here is our troubleshooting guide with the steps that you need to fix your issue with Home not loading on your Amazon Firestick.
Firestick Home Not Loading? Here are some troubleshooting methods
Let’s take a look at the various ways you can follow to fix this issue with your Amazon Firestick’s Home not loading correctly.
Check Your Internet Connectivity
The Amazon Firestick is nothing if it doesn’t have an active connection to the internet. So, if you seem to be having internet issues, slow internet speeds, or maybe downtime on your internet connection, it could be the main cause of the home screen not loading on your Amazon Firestick. You can check if the internet is the issue here by connecting your Amazon Firestick to your mobile device’s WiFi Hotspot. If the Home screen loads correctly after connecting to another WiFi network, your main internet connection might be the culprit here.
Firestick Could Be Installing Updates
The other reason why you might not see the Home page on your Firestick is probably that the device downloaded a software update and is now applying the update to your Firestick. In such cases, you will not be seeing the home page loading or it can take some time for the Home page to appear once the update has been installed. So, always ensure and wait for the screen to automatically show up if it doesn’t show up right away as there could be some updates being installed.
Check For Software Updates
Checking for software updates on your Amazon Firestick is equally important. Apart from new features and security updates, there can also be bug fixes that can help get rid of any bugs on the Firestick, including when your Home page doesn’t load up correctly. You can follow these steps to check for updates on your Amazon Firestick.
- Grab the remote and navigate to the Settings icon. You will have to do this based on your memory of what the Home page of your Firestick looks like.
- If you get the Settings menu on your screen, select the My Fire TV option.
- Now, select the option that says Check for Updates.
- Provided your FireStick is connected to the internet, it will begin to search and download any updates that might be available for your FireStick.
Is the Device Plugged in Properly?
Since the Firestick requires an HDMI input port on your TV to be connected and used, a faulty port or loosely plugged Firestick device can simply not display anything on screen and hence fail to load the home page at all. So, make sure that the device is plugged in properly and also that you have switched to the right input source on your TV.
Check your Firestick’s Power Cable
Because the Firestick requires to be plugged into a power source in order to be used with your TV, it is best to check the power cable for the device. If the cable has been worn out or has cuts and damages, you might want to replace the power cable for your Amazon Firestick. If that’s not the case, you might want to change the power source and plug it into another power outlet. It is best to avoid powering the Firestick via your TV’s USB ports.
Restart your Amazon Firestick
One of the oldest tricks in the book for anything and everything out there is to restart the device. The same goes for the Amazon Firestick. There are three different ways that you can follow to restart your Amazon Firestick. We have prepared a guide on how you can restart your Amazon Firestick. You can check out that guide by heading here.
Clear the Cache Files on your Amazon Firestick
Clearing up the cache files for your Amazon Firestick is a great way to solve the Home Not Loading issue. Clearing the cache files helps remove the corrupted system files which might be causing problems such as the home not loading on your Amazon Firestick. The only drawback with the Firestick is that there is no system-wide option to clear the cache of the files. However, doing a force restart of the Firestick should help get rid of the cache files.
- Grab the remote, press and hold the Select and Play/Pause button.
- Keep the buttons pressed for about five seconds.
- The Firestick should restart itself within five seconds.
- The device will display a black screen for a while. This is normal as the device is being forced to restart.
Plug and Unplug the Device
Sometimes, the Firestick might be running into a temporary bug that might be causing the Home page to not load properly. In such circumstances, it is best to unplug the Firestick from the TV and the power source and leave it for a while. After a good minute or two, you can power it back on and plug it back into your TV. This should normally help soft reset the Firestick and be good to go.
Reset your Amazon Firestick
The last and final option to fix the Home not loading issue on your Amazon Firestick is by formatting or factory resetting your Amazon Firestick. You can follow these steps as the last resort to fix this Home Not Loading issue.
- Grab the remote for your Amazon Firestick.
- Now, you need to press and hold the back button along with the right navigation button.
- Keep the buttons pressed for about 10 seconds.
- Your Firestick should now display a message on the screen. It will ask you if you really wish to perform a factory reset of the Amazon Firestick.
- Once you select the Reset option, the factory reset should now begin.
This concludes the guide on how you can fix the Home Not Loading on the Amazon Firestick. Sometimes, the best way to fix the issue is to simply wait for a bit longer for the Home to load on its own. You see, the home page is quite a busy page, and sometimes it might struggle around to display everything right away. So, a few minutes and some patience can also help you understand whether you need to reset the Firestick or just wait it out.
If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
- [7 Fixes] Firestick connected to WiFi but not Internet
- How To Reset Firestick Remote Easily [For Every FireStick Remote]
- How to Screen Mirror on Insignia Fire TV [Android or iPhone]
- How to Pair a new Fire TV Stick remote without old remote
- Fix: Amazon Firestick Remote flashing yellow light [5 Fixes]
- How to use Insignia Fire TV without Remote