There are a ton of smart devices that can now connect to the internet and eventually communicate with each other. Almost every device that connects to the internet has an IP Address. Even your smart TV, streaming sticks, and streaming boxes have an IP Address allocated to them. IP Addresses are important as it is used as a means of sending and receiving information between two or even more devices. If you have a Roku device, it will be having its IP Address. Read along to know how to find the IP Address of your Roku TV or stick.
Why would you need to have a Roku IP address handy with you? Well, many reasons are there. With the help of an IP Address, you could easily allow a Roku device to get access to your network or simply block it from accessing your network. You can also make use of the IP address to diagnose any faults if spotted. So, if you think that all of this is essential, here is a guide that shows you different methods of finding the IP Address on your Roku device.
Find IP Address on Roku device
There are four different ways that you can follow to get the IP address of your Roku device. Whether it is the Roku TV, Roku Stick, or even for that matter the Roku Streaming box, you can easily find the IP Address.
How to Find Roku IP Address [Easily]
- Power up your Roku device. Whether it is a Roku TV, Roku Stick, or the Roku Streaming Box.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Select the Settings option from the menu that you just opened.
- Under Settings, you will need to select the Network option.
- After selecting Network, select the About option.
- You will now get the about screen. Here is where you can see details such as connection status, signal strength, connection type your MAC Address as well as the IP Address of your Roku device.
How to Find Roku IP Address using Roku Mobile App
- The Roku mobile app is a great tool. It is free to download from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Once you have the app, launch it and sign in with the same credentials you have on your Roku device.
- Make sure that your Roku device, as well as your mobile device, is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the Settings Gear icon on the app.
- You will see the Settings page open up. Now, tap on the System Info option.
- All the details about the Roku device such as network type, status, and IP Address will be displayed to you right away.
How to Find Roku IP Address using Web Browser from PC
- On your Computer, Launch the Google Chrome browser. You can download it for free if you do not have it.
- Now, you will have to install this little browser extension called Remoku.
- This is a free-to-use browser extension.
- For this extension to work, you need to have the computer as well as your Roku device connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Once you have both the devices connected to the network, open up the extension.
- On the extension, click on the Settings tab.
- You will now see the IP Address of your Roku device displayed right away.
How to Find Roku IP Address using Mobile or PC
- You can use your mobile device or your PC for this method.
- The mobile or PC, as well as the Roku device, needs to be connected to the same network.
- Now, open the browser and enter the IP Address of your Router. This will be present on the sticker underneath the router.
- You will be required to enter a username and password.
- Once you enter the settings page, you can simply click on the connected devices list. It could also be shown under the active devices list.
- From this list, you will get to see the Roku device’s IP Address right away.
These are the four simple ways you can follow to easily get the IP Address of your Roku TV, Stick, or Stream Box. The fourth method works the best to find the IP Address of almost any device that is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
You May Also Like – How to Mirror your PC, Android, or iPhone to Hisense Roku TV
We hope this guide has helped you find the IP Address for your Roku. And, if you have any queries or questions you can freely drop them in the comments below.
More Related Articles: