Whether you are on a trip or commuting to either school or work on a daily basis, Google Maps is your friend. It’s the most used navigation app out there simply because of the various features that have been very useful for numerous people.
While on a trip, there are two things that are important for trip cost, toll gate prices and gas stations. Looking at how gas prices have been increasing, you can now make use of Google maps to not only find out where gas stations are but, also see the prices of gas at various gas stations. Let’s take a look at how to find the cheapest gas with Google maps.
Find Cheap Gas Prices on Google Maps Mobile App
Now that you know Google Maps has a feature like this, it is now time to know how you can make use of this feature and take advantage of it. Follow these steps.
- First, ensure that the Google Maps app is updated to the latest version on your Android or iOS device.
- Now, launch the Google Maps app on your device. Ensure that your device is connected to the Internet via mobile data or WiFi.
- With the app open, you will see a tile right under the search bar called Gas/Petrol. Scroll tiles if it is not in the first three tiles.
- Tap on the Gas tile. If not available, search for Gas.
- Google Maps will now right away pull up a list of various gas stations nearby.
- It will show you whether the gas station is open, how far it is as well as the price of gas at the particular fuel station.
- You can scroll through the list of various gas stations that are nearby, and then tap on it.
- Google maps will now display the route and directions that you can follow to go visit the gas station.
Find Cheap Gas Prices via Google Maps on a PC
Well, if you are someone that uses a PC, you can also search for the gas stations that have the cheapest gas prices around your city. This is a great feature if you might be carrying around a laptop running either Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, or even Linux. Follow these steps.
- Connect your device to the internet and launch your favorite web browser.
- Now, search for Google Maps or visit this link.
- Once Google Maps opens up on your web browser, ensure to allow Google Maps to access your location.
- With that done, you will now be shown your location on Google Maps.
- All you have to do is click on the Gas tile that is present at the top of the map. If not available in the tile, search for Gas.
- Once you have done that, Google Maps will now show you the nearest gas station, the distance, its timings as well as the price of gas at the particular station.
- To get directions, simply tap on the gas station from the list and you are good to go.
And this is how you can find out the cheapest gas prices in your area without having to step out of your house. Now, depending on where you are from, you might see a petrol tile instead of a gas tile. They are one and the same. Also, not every region allows you to see gas prices on Google Maps, so check if Google Maps shows you prices in your region. If not, a quick Google search should help you to locate gas stations with the cheapest prices.